Tennis Forum banner

Who do you want to appear next in Tales from the Locker Room (maximum 4 players)?

• Klara Zakopalova

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Dominika Cibulkova

Votes: 47 48.5%
  • Ekaterina Makarova

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Angelique Kerber

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Julia Goerges

Votes: 44 45.4%
  • Daniela Hantuchova

Votes: 42 43.3%
  • Sabine Lisicki

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Kirsten Flipkens

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Sorana Cirstea

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Nadia Petrova

Votes: 31 32.0%

Tales from the Locker Room - Wimbledon sketchbook, 2nd Monday (Bara, Kveta & Venus)

659K views 3K replies 423 participants last post by  TapeError 
#1 · (Edited)
Tales from the Locker Room - Wimbledon sketchbook, 2nd Monday (Bara, Kveta & Venus)

Episode 112 - Championship Point January 2019

Alexander Zverev & Novak Djokovic

Episode 113 - Drop the racquet! Back away slowly! March 2019

Elina Svitolina

Episode 114 - Equal Pay May 2019

Ion Tiriac

Episode 115 - Equal Pay part 2 May 2019

Ion Tiriac, Ilie Nastase, Anne Keothavong, Mariana Alves

Episode 116 - Equal Pay part 3 May 2019

Ion Tiriac, Simona Halep, Anne Keothavong

Episode 117 (and fin) - Wimbletoons June 2019

Danielle Rose Collins, Kiki Mladenovic, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Nick Kyrgios, Vika Azarenka, Hsieh Su-Wei, Ash Barty, Bara Strycova, Miffed Max, Minimiffed, Stromatolite, CocoHero, Mikulescu, Lilla May & Bobito

Previous seasons' 'toons

See less See more
#1,240 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - Episode 25, Genie reviews her options

Well done, bobito! :worship: :cool: I haven't seen new "epizodes" for a while, :eek: so I have to thank you for making them and giving me some inspiration to start drawing something on my own maybe. :) :wavey:

#3,339 ·

Only featured Bojana once but it was a fun one. Hope she has a happy retirement. She will always be the Queen of Carlsbad :worship:

This episode was born in the Wimbledon queue when I met up with Fantasy Hero, MikBs, Javi and Jack. No sooner had we sat down for a coffee than they pitched this idea. Thanks guys. :yeah:

#1,272 ·

she needed a more slutty look, but it's great anyway :yeah:
At an airport?

#1,256 ·

For those not familiar with the background to this story:

Los Angeles Times, August 2011

Bojana Jovanovski had a bad day.

The 19-year old Serbian got knocked out of the quarterfinals of the Citi Open in Washington on Saturday, and woke up Sunday morning ready to travel to Carlsbad for the Mercury Insurance Open. Her first match was scheduled for Monday afternoon. Staring Sunday morning, she boarded a plane in D.C. bound for Dallas, then transferred from Dallas to Albuquerque. From Albuquerque she flew straight to Carlsbad.

There is a very small airport in Carlsbad, Calif. There is also a small airport in Carlsbad, N.M. Jovanovski was tired from a day of travel, so it took her a while to take in her surroundings. But when she got off the plane, she got a few signs she might be in the wrong place.

"One man asked me at the airport …'What are you doing here? Are you playing tennis?' " Jovanovski said. "I said, "Yeah, it’s a tennis tournament.' And he said, 'Here?' "

When Jovanovski had trouble locating her cab, she finally got confirmation that she was in the wrong state.

"I was waiting for 15 minutes and nobody comes," she said. "And I call again, and they say they are at the airport and they are looking for you. I said I am the only person here, how can you not see me? At that moment, the girl asked me on the telephone, are you in Carlsbad in California or in New Mexico?"

Jovanovski managed to arrive in the correct Carlsbad about 30 minutes before her first-round match was set to begin. Thankfully for her, the previous two matches had both gone to three sets, giving her 15 minutes to rest before her 15-minute warmup.

For all that trouble, Jovanovski lost a tough three-setter to Roberta Vinci, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sp...i-has-a-bad-travel-day-and-opening-match.html

#1,260 ·

Awesome as usual. :yeah:
This is one of my favorite tennis stories I discovered on TF :hearts: I laughed so hard first time I saw that. So cool it's been covered by one of Bobito's cartoons :yeah:

I love the finale :hysteric: it was also great to see you draw something live :yeah:

Yeah, Bob, it was much appreciated that you counted on us during all the process :hatoff:

#1,267 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - Episode 26, The Road To Carlsbad

A classic episode.

#1,281 · (Edited)

Currently drawing Sam Sumyk for the next episode. The guy really does look like he should be in Aerosmith :music::rocker2:
OMG Bobbie:worship: Please take a look at his new pics in Vikaland...jus priceless:lol: he is the best coach ever(courtesy Jean Hurricane from Vikaland:hatoff:)

#1,280 ·

She deinitely needed more make-up, a lot more. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.