Tennis Forum banner

Kaia Schedule Thread

10K views 92 replies 13 participants last post by  muusa 
#1 · (Edited)
This is where we will follow her ranking and look at the tournaments she will be playing
This will only be opened on a temporary basis and will be shut if no one follows it :)

#2 ·
Re: Kaia Ranking & Schedule Thread

If Kaia doesn't pull out of Eastbourne, she will be the 8th seed :cheer:
I hope she doesn't play through injury though :scared:

Kaia is currently second seed in Bastad too but that week she is also playing in Palermo so she may not play in Bastad. I would recommend that she does because she will be a higher seed and not have to face Radwanska :oh:

#3 ·

Kaia's Ranking: 16
1. French Open 500
2. Brisbane 470
3. Moscow 320
4. Estoril 280
5. Tokyo 225
6. Brussels 200
7. Beijing 140
8. Australian Open 100
9. US Open 100
10. Copenhagen 70
11. Biella 70
12. Helsinki 24
13. Indian Wells 5
14. Miami 5
15. Wimbledon 5
16. Madrid 5
-------------------------
17. Birmingham 1
18. Eastbourne 1

Total: 2519
Kaia has no substantial points to defend until the 225 in Tokyo :cheer:

#7 · (Edited)

Kaia's schedule as far as I know:
Wimbledon (hopefully)
Palermo
Bastad
Olympics
Montreal
Cinci
Dallas
Us Open
Tokyo
Beijing
Moscow
and... ;)
Thanks vik :)
Do you know if Estonia plans on getting more events?
With Anett rising, Kaia sustaining herself and Kenneth and Jurgen coming Estonia should be able to at least get a 25K on top of their 10s :)

I know it's good to have 10s so the younger ones can play tournaments but it would be good to have larger ones too :)

I like Kaia's schedule except for maybe Palermo/Bastad and Dallas instead of New Haven. If she does well at wimbledon, Palermo is not good as she will be playing 4 weeks in a row and a quaick change from Grass to Clay is always hard. Bastad isn't as good either as she has Olympics and if she does well in Palermo she may not make good sue of her practice in London for Olympics

#8 ·

Kaia's website was very informative before. Now they don't update the calendar anymore (maybe because she wasn't sure to play Birgmingham/Eastbourne, but that wasn't the case before), also I miss the straight link to head-to-heads:(

#10 ·

Kaia's website was very informative before. Now they don't update the calendar anymore (maybe because she wasn't sure to play Birgmingham/Eastbourne, but that wasn't the case before), also I miss the straight link to head-to-heads:(
there is still some work to be done with Kaias new website but the head-to-heads are there when you click on the opponents name in the statistics or below to the head-to-head link on the day when the match is being held. the calendar is being updated according to Kaias schedule.

#14 ·

So, Kaia has entered the following WTA level tournaments till the end of the season:

Seoul, starting Sept 17

Tokyo, starting Sept 23; QF 225 points to defend

Beijing, starting Sept 29; r3 140 points to defend

Moscow, starting Oct 15; F 320 points to defend

#22 ·

She usually plays the bigger tournaments if she gets to the main draw. I think it's most likely she'll start with Paris indoors, followed by Doha and Dubai (I don't think she'd get to the main draw in the latter though).. (or maybe even Memphis-Acapulco). Either way, I hope she'll be at least back for IW-Miami.

#26 ·

How does Dubai/Doha work? Do they switch each year???
They stay the same as 2012 with Doha being a P5 and Dubai being a Premier.

The rankings date used for seeds in 2012 for

Doha was February 6th
Dubai was February 13th

If the rankings date stays the same as last year Kaia may be able to benefit from playing in Paris (Premier). She will be safe enough for entry to Doha (56 player draw). But she stands to lose 570 points from missing Brisbane and the Australian Open which could leave her in the late 30s in rankings. That could be too low for entry to Dubai (28 Player draw) with 8 of the Top 10 playing there this year. But a good run in Paris could change that of course :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.