Tennis Forum banner

Su-wei Hsieh New Start Cheering Thread

210K views 3K replies 126 participants last post by  SERVivor 
#1 · (Edited)
I think it's time to start a new thread for Su-wei in 2007. She got a new sponsor and fitness trainer before French Open to play more WTA events this year. We will see how she does this year.

Su-wei has a good start at French qualifying rounds. She won all 3 matches ( all 3 sets ) advanced to main draws. She will play Dulko in her first round match. Su-wei played Dulko once in Japan. She lost to Dulko in a very tight 3 set 7-5 in third. Maybe Su-wei is stronger this time and eager to win some matches here at French. I hope that Su-wei could play Sharapova in 3rd round. (Su-wei beat Sharapova before in junior). Good-luck, Su-wei !! All the best !! :)

#1,805 ·
congrats for the title su-wei!

#1,808 ·
:bounce:

#1,813 ·
There will be streams for all matches . Also she is in Sofia already .
“This is my first time in Bulgaria and I hope to see as much of your capital as I can. When I think of your country, I first think of Pironkova, who is a very talented player. I expect a challenging tournament and I am very glad I managed to qualify. I have improved a lot this season, thanks to my coach Paul McNamee. I have been working with him since last year’s Wimbledon. Until then I mostly focused on playing doubles, but he convinced me I have potential in singles as well. My two titles from Kuala Lumpur and Guangzhou have proved him right,” said Hsieh.
http://sofia-tennis.bg/en/news/Sie-Su-Uej-pyrva-pristigna-v-Sofija-133

P.S Can you give me link to her facebook ?

#1,820 ·
Su-Wei def. Hantuchova 6-1 0-6 6-4

She was down *1-3 0-40 in 3rd set but saved all 3 breakpoints and got to 4-3 :worship:

I'm really happy she got a win, she was really happy in the oncourt interview aswell. She said she was very nervous in her first match and best coach advice was to get a ball in the court :lol:

#1,821 ·
congrats for the win su-wei! btter luck next time! and keep up the ood form for the next season!

#1,824 ·
Hopefully she can live up to her seeding (kinda expecting too much).

If she can get 500 points out of these four tournaments that would be good.

- Shenzhen
- Hobart
- AO
- Pattaya City

At least it will cover the deficits from AO, Pattaya City and Kuala Lumpur last year.

#1,827 ·
Shenzhen is not that difficult looking at the draw but Hobart is going to be a challenge unless she draws Suarez Navarro as the seed in her quarter. In that case I will give her the doubt of winning the QF. As for the rest non-seeds, I think any Qs or the likes of Pironkova, Dominguez-Lino, Robson, Jovanovski, Niculescu are okay for the doubt.

Australian Open, depending on the draw, R32 possible. If does well in Shenzhen then R16 possible with better seeding. However, if she draws some random bombs like Kuznetsova then no good. Pattaya City is too early to speculate at this moment.

Expecting something like:

Shenzhen SF (130)
Hobart QF (70)
Melbourne R32 (160)
Pattaya City QF (70)

Not 500 points :help:

#1,828 ·
Current schedule for Su-Wei in Q1:

Shenzhen
Hobart
Melbourne
Pattaya City
Fed Cup
---
Doha
Dubai
Kuala Lumpur
Indian Wells
Miami

The latter is pretty much given because she will be playing doubles with Peng Shuai.
Kuala Lumpur will be a title defense and IW/Miami are mandatory regardless of doubles.

Expect some rest time in April, maybe see her in Wenshan 50k again :oh:
If not, then Fes might be a good place to continue!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.