Tennis Forum banner

Pierce withdraws from Olympics

8K views 91 replies 70 participants last post by  RJWCapriati 
#1 ·
16/07 12h34 - JO 2008, Tennis Pierce n’ira pas
Mary Pierce ne participera pas aux Jeux Olympiques de Pékin.

Georges Goven a confirmé dans L’Equipe que Mary Pierce ne participera pas aux Jeux Olympiques de Pékin en août prochain. La Française, qui n’a plus joué depuis 2006, souffre toujours du genou. Amélie Mauresmo est sur la liste de la Fédération pour la remplacer mais l’ancienne n° 1 mondiale a déjà fait savoir qu’elle n’ira pas en Chine. Si elle confirme son absence, Pauline Parmentier s’envolera pour Pékin.

Pierce won't go
Georges Goven confirmed in the newpaper l'Equipe that Mary Pierce won't play at the Olympic Games of Pekin, in August 2008.

The Frenchwoman, who hasn't played since 2006, is still suffering of her knee.

Amelie Mauresmo is on the French Federation list but the former number one in the world already withdrew. If she confirms this withdrawal, Pauline Parmentier will fly to Pekin.

See less See more
#15 ·
Mary :sad:

#20 ·
Stupid.Horrible.Slow-thinking.Whorebag.

She just ruined Amelie's chances of going to the Olympics all for her own selfish needs. Why the hell couldn't she make this decision earlier?!

This has annoyed me endlessly. What a selfish wench! Amelie really wanted to go...and Pierce sits on her behind thinking about it for days on end? She was never going to go, but probably wanted some last ditch effort of fame and glory.

She always was slow. :sad::sad:

#23 ·
FRANCE TENNIS BEIJING/08 OLIMPICS TEAM case is one of most pathetic stories in new history of Olympics games :tape: :tape: :help: :tape:

(sorted by June 11 rankings)
Richard Gasquet
Marion Bartoli
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Alize Cornet
Paul-Henri Mathieu
Tatiana Golovin
Gilles Simon
Virginie Razzano
Mary Pierce
Amelie Mauresmo

Gael Monfils
Michael Llodra
Pauline Parmentier

bold - withdraw
blue - questionable

Three best ranked French players already withdraws (Gasquet, Bartoli and Tsonga) plus two most acomplished players Mauresmo and Pierce. Instead 4 TOP20 players, France will represent only at hardcourts useless Cornet (just 6 careers TOP100 wins out of clay - and she BTW retire from her todays match).

What a useless Tennis assotiation in country with big Tennis tradition :tape: After Mauresmo case i'm not surprised why nobody want to compete.

With Llodra and Parmentier to Olympic Gold :rocker2: Alez!

#27 ·
i guess if we never see mary on court again i'll still have all those amazing memories, the olympics was my last hope mary would ever come back. i'll miss you mary, no one does drama or owns a tennis court like she did, 2005 was a year i'll treasure after watching you struggle so much after your 2000 french win!
not looking good for chakvetadze, my 2 favourite players have both been forced to quit before they wanted to give up (seles, mary), chaky please wrap yourself in cotton wool!

#28 ·
I am reallyyyy annoyed about this... Could she not have made her decision earlier.

Mauresmo really wanted to play these olympics, it was her last chance.

Selfish move by Mary if you ask me.

#29 ·
Its a shame for Mary. Wasn't she meant to be coming back in Budapest? I doubt we will see her play again - but players like Date and Shultz-Murphy have come back and had flirtations with doing well at WTA tournaments so we never know.

#30 ·
car jouer pour mon pays mes derniers JO me tenaient très à cœur
(play for my country my last Olympics ...)

means we wont see Amélie on tour in 2012 ...

#31 ·
by the way ... Mary :sobbing:
I still hope one day we'll get to see her back but I also start seriously doubting that and worrying .

#32 ·
people bashing mary for not pulling out earlier please fuck off, mary has to think about her own life and tennis and not worry about momo's. i dont think momo would have done anything differently had it been the other way round.

Reactions: Williamsser
#44 ·
people bashing mary for not pulling out earlier please fuck off, mary has to think about her own life and tennis and not worry about momo's. i dont think momo would have done anything differently had it been the other way round.
If you say so. :rolleyes:

I don't think that Amelie acted irrationally... Amelie was looking out for herself she couldn't afford to wait around on Marys decison not to play.
:bowdown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.