Tennis Forum banner

Road to Melbourne 2013

15K views 195 replies 36 participants last post by  maturedgirl 
#1 ·
1st week in Brisbane
2nd week qualies in Sydney

She's second on the ALT list in Sydney. So there's still a little chance getting directly into the main draw.

11 days to go:cheer:

I don't think we need a 3 years old thread.

#187 ·
Always funny how Sabine drives her fans mad. :lol:

I don't think that it was a fake illness as Sabine obviously was in Sydney and already announced her match. ("Hope to see you out there") She probably wanted to take no risk regarding her AO start and I think it's a good sign that she takes care of her body more than in the past when she wanted to play no matter what at times. The good thing is now that she has more time for adjusting and practicing in Melbourne.

#190 ·
I don't think that it was a fake illness as Sabine obviously was in Sydney and already announced her match. ("Hope to see you out there") She probably wanted to take no risk regarding her AO start and I think it's a good sign that she takes care of her body more than in the past when she wanted to play no matter what at times. The good thing is now that she has more time for adjusting and practicing in Melbourne.
I think it shows a major change from 2012 when she tried to play through so many injuries/illnesses. Better at this point (especially since it's not a grand slam) to play it safe and minimize any illness. I think she was sick all through the month of last February because she tried to play sick during FedCup. I have personal experience with trying to play through viruses and turning them into bacterial infections which are hard to get rid of.

#189 · (Edited)
It's over 40 degrees celsius here today although it wasn't nearly so extreme the past few days and temps can go extreme in Melbourne too. I'd like to think she wouldn't have skipped for that reason. To be honest I was disappointed with her when I found out she wasn't playing again, it seems Sydney is not very important to her and as I'm a big fan who lives here I felt hurt (still do a bit). Although it is hard to be mad at such a sweet and beautiful girl like Bine :kiss: and when I slept on it I realised I shouldn't blame her for being sick. But I really need to see some results in Melbourne now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.