Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread

258K views 5K replies 160 participants last post by  James 
#1 · (Edited)
Udachi Lucie.​

#3,465 ·
And again that freaking thigh injury :rolleyes: I feel sometimes what she's lacking is that killer instinct; she has so many chances to put that one away...

#3,466 ·
So dissapointing that Lucie couldn't finish it off, but hopefully there'll be better things to come later in the year, and at least she lost the title to someone who deserved it like Dokic. I think her fans have suffered even more then Lucie supporters :) First title she won in nine years. Does everyone have faith that Lucie will win another title before 2017?? :)

#3,468 ·
Lucie drew Barrois in IW first round, and if she wins Petkovic...tough, considering she always sucks at IW and Barrois changes the pace well...I'd be happy if she wins a match, that doesn't often happen for her here :p

#3,479 ·
Nice jinx, David. :yeah: Just what she needed to prove us wrong. ;)

Oh, and 10/11 break points won is impressive too.
If only that was right. :lol: I believe that is BP saved, which is still very impressive nonetheless! She was actually 4/14, so not that great.
As the poster before said she probably could have done it in straights, but her impressive serving prevailed emphatically in the third.

18 aces has to be a record for her! :bowdown:

#3,475 ·
Wow!!! She wins 76(9) 67(5) 60. A great result to see as I sit here right after getting my wisdom teeth out. She should be really proud of that win. After losing the second set tiebreak and with what happened last week she could have easily fallen apart. But to win the set 60 is so impressive. Great job to Lucie!

And 18 aces??? Holy crap!

#3,477 ·
Damn, what a match! Only could follow on livescore, but it was still highly entertaining. That first set, wow... never have I been so happy to see her win a first set. Her stamina has to be top-notch... either that or Barrois played like a zombie in the final set, as she had a bunch of DFs. Lucie was still hitting aces all over though.

Loved one part in the first when Lucie aced, then DF'd, then aced on second serve to win the game. May not be too rare, but it seems to reflect Lucie's style of play recently... still the occasional lapse, but she bounces back much better, I think.

#3,480 · (Edited)
Yeah me being convinced she would lose must've been the perfect jinx :lol: I was shocked when I saw the scoreline...first of all, finally she won one of these epic tiebreaks...after losing them against Zvonareva and Dokic :lol: and after losing the 2nd set 7-6 to a bagel in the third :worship: She would've been tired too...more credit to the new coach, who was making her work hard in the off season. Can't believe she hit 18 aces, and won a match in IW :lol:

#3,481 ·
Lucie :)

Must have been quite a match :p

Now against Petkovic, that will be a tough one :unsure:
Don't let her do the dance Lucie.... ;) :dance:

#3,484 ·
A good job with the aces. But even with so many aces compared to her opponent, she was pushed to two close tiebreaks and won in the third (admittedly a onesided third).

Her ace count/df ratio was much better than Kristina in the first two sets yet they went to tbs. More evidence that Lucie's returning/breaking abilities are unfortunately much worse than her serve.

Still, 18 aces is impressive. So much for tall players like Barrois having the advantage of wingspan when returning.

#3,488 ·
Lucie vs Petkovic is 5th match on..some court I forget :lol:

Interested how this goes...as much as the conditions in IW don't really suit Lucie, particularly at night, I think it's very similar for Petkovic..the ball will fly on both of them and the wind seems to influence both of their games :lol: So whoever sucks the least in the conditions will win :p

#3,490 ·
Lucie lost 7-6(8) 7-5. Many advantages to take the opening set in the tiebreak, including SP's, but DF to give it away. :eek:
She saved several BP's with aces at 5-4 second set, but the very next game threw in 2 DF to gift the break again.

Although the serving was good the returning was mostly mediocre at best throughout, she didn't create a BP and only took Petkovic to deuce twice. On the other hand she was only broken once, so tight match.

Hopefully Miami will be a better prospect. At least a few points gained. :lol:

#3,491 ·
Lucie :sad: :hug:. Needed to take her chances in that first set. She had 2 SPs didn't she, and Andy took her first SP. Not that surprising that she couldn't threaten Andy's serve, but it's not acceptable to let an opponent win 75% of their second serve points. I guess that's Lucie's returning for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.