Tennis Forum banner

Your tennis results?!

305K views 2K replies 311 participants last post by  Spencer. 
#1 ·
So it's technically about tennis, but I thought it would have a better fit here in non tennis. This would be a thread just to post your own personal tennis results as they happen for those of us that play for fun. Yesterday I played a freind of mine that I play the most and I won 5-7, 6-3, 6-1. I was up 4-0 in the first set and then i don't know what happened :eek: but after the first set I only faced one break point the rest of the match and I saved it. :bounce:

#819 ·
I played and beat my brother yesterday 6-1 6-3 :lol:

Holy crap I sucked, I basically turned into a ball basher because I couldn't run. While it was quite hot, at 5-1 I was kneeling down from being so tired. All my muscles are sore today :sad:

...I guess that's what happens when you don't exercise for two months :lol: Damn exams.

#820 ·
Ugh, I played a match today against my brother.

We had to stop because of rain, but I was down 6-3 4-1. :eek:

It has been a while since I played, I made a lot of errors and I came to the net far to often. He lobbed all balls over me and he made a lot of points with it. Later on I found some consistency in my serve but somehow I still managed to lose my service games. Hoping to improve :p

#821 ·
last week I played a match against a friend and I won 2-6 6-4 6-0. In the first set my serve was really bad (too many DF), I lost confidence and my game was all over the place. In the second set it got better and in the third my serve was very good and my game solid. Overall I'm very happy I was able to come through a difficult situation! :)

#823 ·
It's not recent, but in the summer of 2011 I was in the lowest level tournament at my club (ive only been playing for a year) and i had managed to make the finals. In the finals i won 6-7(10) 7-6(4) 6-2! I will remember it forever!!! I was playing against a friend who is pretty much a pusher, and whenever i set up my backhand down the line, he got to it, and we waited for someone to make an error. I had about 4 set points in set 1, and i was down 4-1 in the second. I got it back to 5-4, with him serving for the match, and he was up 40-15. He serves it to my backhand in the deuce court, and i go for it and it just touches the baseline!! He had to look at the mark (it was on green clay) and finally said it was in. he then double faulted and i broke back! lol and then we broke eachother to get to a tiebreak, which i won. I think he just mentally checked out after that, and i won the second 6-2!! the final lasted 3.5 hours! But I actually won, and both of my legs were covered in clay!

#825 ·
Won my last singles 6-4 6-4. I was getting completely outplayed in the first set, was down 4-1...I knew my opponent couldn't keep it up though. I just kept telling myself that their level would drop, just keep steady. My opponents level started dropping, I started playing better and reeled off the next four games. My opponent had a weaker one handed backhand compared to the forehand, so my lefty slider was working well getting free points and short returns.

Was down a break in the second again, felt much better off the ground though. Was going for my shots a bit more and even hit two big aces :eek: By the way, I'm still a total brat on court :bigcry: Too many come ons and racquet throws. Need to calm down a fair bit. Was much calmer in the second set, but that was probably due to the fact that I was playing better and not getting out-hit. I don't get bratty if the score is tight ...just if I'm getting out hit or playing crap :lol:

Anyway composure was the best thing about this match.

#826 ·
Yesterday I played a set against a friend and lost 4-6. I've never won against him, but this time I was really close! Next time I'll do my best and I'm quite confident I'll be able to win!

#827 ·
I have a tournament this weekend and am in the qualifying draw and doubles draw, both starting Friday.

My confidence is not high at the moment as I didn't do well in my last attempt at playing one of these crappy tournaments, but I will try and pick myself and play as well as I can.

Wish me luck!

#828 ·
question any of you play ITF event and by playing ITF events do they help you turn Pro

#830 ·
Yeah That Help U start off by getting ranking point If I right. I think U should sign up For ITF and USTA as well , If you wanna go Pro. I about Sign up Usta as well.

#829 ·
First match since the season break in November today :facepalm: Lord I was redefining rusty and shit and everything. My first match I lost 1-6 5-7 it was the most disgusting performance ever, but it would have been comical to watch, in the first set my serve and forehand were no existent. I went into super Brainless Ball Basher mode if a rally went for more than 4 or 5 shots I'd just try to hit the ball as hard as possible to end the point. My footwork in the whole match was like I has cement shoes, I have never felt so bad moving ever, I would have Sharapova look like the best mover in history on Clay. In the second set I kind of got half a forehand but my serve was still shit, we exchanged breaks for the first 7 games in the second. And then I held for 4-4 and then broke for 5-4 and had 3 set points but lost them all and went to 5-5 he held and then broke my serve :sobbing:

The second match was slightly acceptable and it was like I was a different play, I was sliding on hard court blasting forhand winners from everywhere on the court but I still didn't have a serve but I managed to win a set in a valiant 4-6 6-2 3-6 loss. I was actually kind of happy with how I played in that match and was also happy to finish on a slightly better note.

#834 ·
Our interclub "pennant" comp started today. In the singles, I had it easy and went up 6-2 5-1, then choked my way to 5-5 before winning in 7-5 in the 2nd.

Then in doubles same story: we were winning easily at 6-1 3-1. All of a sudden I couldn't hold serve and we lost the 2nd 6-4. There was no way I was going to lose the match and fortunately we won the match tiebreak 10-5. Phew!

So two good wins and two good chokes. Fortunately no fatal chokes :lol:

Next week: Sydney Mardi Gras Tennis Tournament! :)

#843 · (Edited)
3 titles in five finals at local USTA 18's events.

1. Won 7-5, 7-5 (led 5-1 in the second and blew a ton of match points. You'd have thought it was fucking Wimbledon :eek: )
2. Lost 2-6, 7-6(4), 3-6
3. Lost 3-6, 7-5, 2-6
4. Won 6-4, 1-6, 6-2
5. Won 5-7, 6-4, 7-6(2) (saved 3 match points in the semi and 2 in the final. I felt like a mental giant :lol: )

#844 ·
Won my opening match of the Ultimate Tennis season, 6-2, 6-1. The guy I played literally could not hit two balls in a row in the court, so I just kept feeding him balls down the middle. I've had double-bagel wins that were harder than this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.