Tennis Forum banner

Your tennis results?!

305K views 2K replies 311 participants last post by  Spencer. 
#1 ·
So it's technically about tennis, but I thought it would have a better fit here in non tennis. This would be a thread just to post your own personal tennis results as they happen for those of us that play for fun. Yesterday I played a freind of mine that I play the most and I won 5-7, 6-3, 6-1. I was up 4-0 in the first set and then i don't know what happened :eek: but after the first set I only faced one break point the rest of the match and I saved it. :bounce:

#781 ·
Played another match in our clubs ranking tournament today, and.... I scored my first win :woohoo:

Won easy with 6-0 6-2 :drool:

I played quite solide and he had nothing to hurt me as expected. Just had to move him to win most of the points. :) Serve was a mess at all until the middle of the second set, but it didn't matter. Even served it out with an Ace then. :cool:

So nice that I finished my first season with my goal to win a match. Can't wait for the new season now. :lol: :bounce:

#783 ·
today i played my best match ever
i beat my team-mate who is supposed to be way better then me 6-2 6-3
i won a few sets against him in the past, but i never beat him before, but today was just the right day.
First of all i have to say that he didn´t played his best tennis today , but usually it´s still enough to beat me, i just win a few more games when he has a bad day.

Pusher is probably the best way to describe my style, i often stay 2 meter behind the baseline, and then when my opponent gets short and i want to attac i went long. Also my backhand is very bad. My Forehand used to be good, but often i´m not brave enough to go for my shots.
Today all came together, my Forehand was never better, i mixed my shots good, and even when i steped into the court i found the right lenght, and i even dictated alot of points with my forehand and was able to end them with a winner and not with a UE´s :lol:
My Backhand was solid, i hit a few nice back-chips short behind the net who gave him a lot of trouble, and i was able to keep the UE´s low on the Backhand.

i know i will not be able to play alway on this good level (good level for my standard) but i hope it gives me more confidence for the future
because it showed my how much better i can play

#787 ·
Beat my friend Gina 7-5, 7-6 [9-7] today. We got to play at a country club and I was grunting a bit and this guy came over to ask me to shut up because this woman he was trying to give lessons to couldn't concentrate and she was doing these pathetic little sex grunts. :spit: So every time I hit a winner I would roar COME ON. :oh:

#789 ·
today i lost with the same Result i won last Friday
2-6 3-6
but i´m still satisfied with the way i played, i went for my stroke, i tried to dominate the points and played offensive
in the first set i felt really tired and i was a bit late and sometimes not in the perfect position, second set it was better and my forehand came better, played some really great forehands down the line, but my friend played better in the second set too, and he was a bit more lucky too, once he broke me with 2 netcord balls, and he hit the line often
but like i said before, i´m still satisfied, it seems like my Game develops into the right direction :)

#793 ·
Played my first club matches for they year! I played seniors today :)

Lost doubles 4-6 1-6 :(

But in singles I won 9-8(14-12) :bounce: In seniors its only a set first to 9. But I thought the guy I played wanted to go all kirilenko-Stosur on my ass :lol: But nup it aint gon happen!

I think juniors starts a few weeks!

#794 ·
played against this guy in my club(i guess you can call him my nemesis or watev) on Saturday.. coming into the match i had lost to him like 6 consec times :eek: ..anyway, surprisingly i won the 1st set 6-4, then went down 0-4 in the second, and was able to win that 6-4 as well.. :haha: i just started going for broke on everything, returns, serves etc and it worked :spit: ..at one point i even did a sliding split type thing while running down a ball wide to my FH (Kim would be proud :oh:):lol: ..his face at the end though, priceless :hearts:

#795 ·
i played my first match of the new season yesterday... it was a shocking match :lol:, i lost 2-6 6-1 6-3. Even though i won the first set i couldnt hit the ball how i wanted too.. i need to work on my serve alot too!

#796 ·
Played my 2nd match of a 4.5 league on Monday.
I won 6-3, 6-2. I'm really proud of the way I played and won because this guy is like my kryptonite: He's a lefty (ugh) and counterpuncher/junkballer.

Lots of weird spins, drop shots-lob combos and of course lefty slice.

however I was playing so GOAT-ly it didn't even matter. He made me hit 3 winners per point and I did just that. Hard topspin shots to the sidelines for angles and swinging volley winners were the order of the day. I didn't even know I owned a swinging volley :lol:

I served very smartly, hitting a lot of kick serves rather than flat serves because he could block the flat ones back easily but couldn't aggressively deal with the kick.

It also helped that I have lost 12 pounds and gotten much fitter, so I was able to run down all his drop shots and any lobs he hit over me.

It's so great being fit and having my heart rate drop quickly after long points :drool:

#799 ·
I played like a billion matches on the weekend :hysteric:

Saturday morning (School tennis) Singles I won 6-3 6-1 but the match went for ages and pretty much every game went to duce except when I was serving at 5-1 in the 2nd and held to love.

In doubles we lost 4 and 3...totally my partners fault :oh:

Saturday afternoon (Club) I had to play my singles against this guys that had always beaten me, we played against each other in junior divisions and under age tournaments and I had never won, but I actually did this time so I was pretty happy with my efforts there, and it was probably the best match I had played in ages! I won 9-3 :woohoo:

In doubles our match was a marathon and we just lost 6-7 7-5 10-7 in a super tie-break, but I was high quality match from all four of us not mug fest which is a nice improvement.

And today I played club again except in a different competition, this time mixed. I had to play three, best of three matches (2 singles and 1 mixed double) my first single I managed to win 7-5 6-1 the second single was so much harder, but my serve was as flawless as it gets for my standard 7-6 6-7 6-2. In the mixed double we lost 2 and 3 cause my partner and I were both completely stuffed.

Now I am pretty much dead.

#802 ·
Ugh I got thrashed by my friend yesterday 1-6 0-6 2-6 2-6. I have a bigger game than him but he makes like 0 errors and always hits good deep returns, even off my better serves.

This was particularly annoying because I'm playing in a tournament this weekend and don't want to get wiped off the court.

We're having a rematch today so here's hoping my forehand actually works today! The annoying thing yesterday was that I served pretty well, my topspin backhand (a work-in-progress) was better than ever and I felt remarkably fit throughout the four sets, but I still got flogged. Wish me luck!

#806 ·
The crappier AMTs. The one coming up is Silver level - I wouldn't go any higher than that (plus the draw is week, being in Alice Springs and all). I'm not young and only got into tennis late so I only do it for fun and because I'm obsessed with tennis. :lol:

Any other Aussies here play in AMTs?

#807 ·
Yesterday I lost my match 1-6 2-6. So disappointed with the way I played in the first set. In the second one I played a bit better: I was even serving at 40-15 for a 3-1 lead, but in the end my serve was too inconsistent and cost me a lot of points and, well, I lost! :( Hope to update this thread with better results next week!

#812 ·
Oh your pusher game would beat me I'm sure. In that tournament I played in, I sprayed so many errors that any pusher would have flogged me :lol: :sad:

I didn't do very well at all in the Open draws, but did win the graded/social doubles. I'm sorta stuck between open and social level at the moment - hoping I still have room to improve...

Are you playing in Canberra at the moment?? I just arrived there today again and will be here for a while...

#813 ·
In juniors, I'd beat people 6-0 6-0 and I'd be really angry at the end because I know I just pushed my way to victory :lol: Even if I killed an opponent, I'd still come off absolutely dead and tired because every rally I played was just a marathon.

As I started stepping up in class, my game didn't really pay off just because people could swing freely off my shots and hit heaps of winners. So the last year or two I'm trying to be more aggressive, especially off the return of serve and devoping my forehand.

I'm not Canberra for the for most of the summer, but I'll be back like the first day of February i'm pretty sure. I'm really keen to start playing again more, I play tennis way more here than I do in Canberra.

#814 ·
I started playing AMT's this year, got myself a ranking. Its much tougher in Victoria as about 30% all ranked players are based in Victoria, and the draws are generally 128. My best results have been 3rd round singles, Quarter Final in Doubles. I'm like you Territory, haven't entered above Silver Level yet.

#815 ·
Played doubles on Friday and lost 1-6 5-7 3-2 ret. :lol:
It was a fucking fast indoor carpert court :eek: but it was great fun to play on it. in the 2nd set we lead already 4-1* and 5-2* but then my mate choked it away :hysteric: he normaly is the best of us 4, but he is injured and could only slice his BH (normally double handed) so actually it was: 1+2 vs. 3+4 :oh: us being 3+4 :p

#816 ·
Lost against an GLTA A player by 6/4, 3/6, 6/3 in semis of a Dublin tournament :sad:

I was dictating the game with my winners, but also with my errors! :oh:

It's been 2-3 months that I'm playing quite good and agressive, so hopefully I can upgrade to GLTA B level next year! :cheer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.