Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allez Mandy Minella!

345K views 5K replies 62 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
:hearts:

Hope she can keep going on with that confidence from Bad Gastein.

I think It was time that she got her own thread apart from Luxembourg tennis.

#2,459 ·
When will it take place?

I guess she's a good team player. She won the Swiss interclubs winning all her five matches.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#2,461 ·
This means today? I think she is still on vacation! She should have more time just to relax. She was playing so much within the last year.

#2,463 ·
Ok thanks, I was misunderstanding that. It really wouldn't have made any sense for her playing right now. She retweeted something about that championship.

#2,465 ·
And obviously she is still in top form :yeah: I am so happy for her to win both singles and doubles. She's so diligent, too diligent in my opinion!

So she hasn't a real off-/pre season to prepare for next season. So I wonder when she'll charge her batteries?

#2,467 ·
On the other hand that team championship isn't comparable to regular tournaments. The pressure isn't that large and maybe it is a good chance for Mandy to stay in practice and get some money too. So her vacation just might be interrupted a bit and she will find enough time for resting and recovery.

By the way Mandy must have completely forgotten what a loss is and how it's feeling ;) The win over her friend Alize Lim was her 6th in a row and even in doubles she is unbeatable at the moment :)

I hope she can keep it up in Australia and I think somehow that she will do it. It's a question of confidence to play that level on wta either. And she gained confidence a lot!

#2,473 · (Edited)
She did get into MD of Shenzhen this year but her ranking was a little higher. Lost to #1 seed Li 64 60.

And yes, ELs should come out soon...
Seems as doesn't matter.
Auckland is a 235.000 $ event, Shenzhen 500.000 $. But last year you need a higher ranking (#92) for Auckland though compared to Shenzhen with #114. Guess it's the "close to Melbourne factor"

If we don't have any fundamental change Mandy with her #106 ranking should get into the Shenzhen draw where she also can earn more money.

Looking forward to Mandy improving on her last year result with that first round loss vs. Li. So let's hope she gets a better draw this year.

#2,476 ·
You must hope for some withdwawals or qualifying. GL ;)

But atm I'm not sure if she is even in Shenzhen. I've not yet seen the QL.

#2,475 ·
Last entry for Shenshen is #94 Dinah Pfizenmaier

:sad:

So Mandy has to qualify atm. Maybe there are some withdwawals?

#2,478 ·
So we need a present ;)

#2,479 ·
Still no information where she will play her first tournament?

#2,484 ·
Mandy is going to play doubles with Chanelle Scheepers until the French Open. She is going to make a come back in Fed Cup next season and her career aim is still top 50. Her schedule at the beginning of 2014 will look like this: Brisbane, Sydney, Australian, then probably Rio de Janeiro and Florianopolis.

#2,485 ·
:eek: Scheepers. Though im unsure about this partnership, they did pretty crap at the couple of events they played.

Yay Fed Cup :cheer:
Yay 3 Aussie events :cheer:

Ahh now I remember she also played Hobart where she had to qualify, in the last round she was down 4-0 final set to Muguruza but then won 6-4! She also reached the doubles final there.

Bit surprised shes going for the premier events :shrug:

#2,488 ·
Mandy is going to play doubles with Chanelle Scheepers until the French Open. She is going to make a come back in Fed Cup next season and her career aim is still top 50. Her schedule at the beginning of 2014 will look like this: Brisbane, Sydney, Australian, then probably Rio de Janeiro and Florianopolis.
When did she told something about the beginning of the year? I didn't hear her talking about these tournaments. Of course I've to admit that I understand Letzebourgesh not as well as you but it's rather similiar to German.

Furthermore she was a bit disappointed about some losses against lower ranked players, her goal is to win those matches where she's the favourite.

Finally she told she want to participate in the Olympics 2016. As long as up to this date she wants to play tennis at least (but I hope she will do it even longer than this!).

#2,486 ·
She will not do well at the premier events but I think she wants the higher level of competition: if she wants to achieve anything she needs to be exposed to it and she has no real points to defend :) Thank the lord she is playing Fed Cup again :D LTF must have given her a cheque :oh: Why did she stop in the 1st Place out of curiosity? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.