Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

390K views 6K replies 244 participants last post by  tejmeglekvár 
#1 ·
Hi everyone :wavey:

Thought maybe we could use a thread here to post all the news, interviews, and articles we find on Masha. :)

I just got my new Tennis Week magazine and Maria is on the cover again (she was also on the March cover). :eek:

If they haven't been posted already, I'll scan in the pics and article and post them here later.

#940 ·
Not surprised. No need to go to Tokyo and Beijing when she wasn't even on tennis court the last few weeks. There is no talk about who she's gonna work with if she starts training again anyways. So Istanbul is doubtful but I really would love to see her there since she's qualified. Anyone know if Michael Joyce is still working with the rich girl??

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#939 ·
A blog from Johan Kriek. For the youngies who may not know him, Kriek was around in the days of Borg, Vilas, Connors, Gerulaitis, McEnroe and guys like that. He won two AO's, although this was at a time when many great players didn't bother with the AO (not his fault of course). It's from several months ago, but that doesn't really matter. Anyway....

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/blogs/johan-kriek/johan-kriek-on-how-to-counter-dominance/

#942 ·
5 Things Maria Sharapova will fall in Love with this Autumn

Superstar Maria Sharapova is keenly awaiting the onset of autumn not just because the Fall will give her some respite from the scorching heat of the summer, rather it's because she wants to indulge into a few things during the time she calls the most cherished one in recent memory.

Maria Sharapova – the heartthrob of millions of fans around the globe recently shared her views regarding the five must do’s this Autumn.

Crystal Clear Skies: The first thing that Masha is looking forward to this Fall is ‘blue skies’ as she fancies late night long drives with her boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov in her new Porsche 911. The Russian starlet said: “I can’t wait to hit the Pacific Coast Highway in a convertible with the top down and wind in my hair. I’m lucky to have won a 911 at this year’s Porsche Open in Stuttgart, Germany, and when I’m home I just love to hop in and drive. It’s very freeing.”

Fresh Start Prerequisites: The 26 year blonde beauty says that one thing that features in her tabula rasa essentials is a showroom situated in New York. She stated: “This store is on Manhattan Ave., one of the main streets in Manhattan Beach. I could live in this store! They have the most unique gifts. I can buy for friends or for my home.”

Sugarpova Euphoria: The leggy lass is known to have one of the most smart brains in Tennis and that’s why has always kept an eye on her off court endeavours and one of the products of her wishful thinking is her Candy line Sugarpova that has been a massive success throughout the world since its launch last year. The far-sighted entrepreneur declared: It’s my company’s one-year anniversary, and to celebrate we launched a Sugarpova accessories collection
in collaboration with Henri Bendel. Our lip logo is on everything from T-shirts to earrings to ponytail holders. I’m excited to sport the collection this Fall. It’s fun and whimsical.”

Susie Cakes: In a rare revelation about her penchant for cakes, the diva made known her love for Susie Cakes. She held: “My must-have is the red velvet cupcake. There is nothing like it. I always stop by Susie’s on my way home from any trip.”

A Coastal Book Worm: The secret is out in the open – Maria loves to read books at the beach, so if a fan wants to catch her, then the Manhattan Beach is the apt place to catch her with possibly a book on architecture in her hands. The girl with an infectious smile said: “I’m currently working on a building project, so any architectural book I can get my hands on, I’m loving. Frank Lloyd Wright is one of my favourite architects.”

http://www.tennisearth.com/nws/tennisNews/5-Things-Maria-Sharapova-will-fall-in-Love-with-this-Autumn-924876.htm

#953 ·
I am not keen at the idea that she is firing all her team now... Hire-fire... The Connors thing was absurd.

#956 ·
She did not fire Thomas, he left; by now everyone must have been made aware of that.
Juan is family, I seriously doubt that she would have fired him. Maybe he wants a break as well; I mean, he has kinds and all.
As to Jimmy, it most probably was just a publicity stunt to prevent people from knowing she is injured, yet keep talking about her. She must have known that she would not have been able to play USO straight after Wimbledon.

#959 ·
some fake wikipedia entry from this troll whose shtick is boring and lame
is this confirmed? my dog has a wiki account. he may have edited that page after seeing me crying last night with a bottle of wine in hand.
No. The guy's an asshole who's been posting that Maria's going to enter any and every MM because I guess he thinks it's funny. We need to ignore him.

#964 ·
Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters
Sharapova camp says shoulder feeling lot better but not enough time 2 get ready 4 Champs. Scheduled 2 be back at practice in 2 weeks-ish
Matt Cronin@TennisReporters
Sharapova will name a new coach in early November and no I don't know who (yet)
If she feels better, she has like 2/3 weeks for YEC, it's enough time to practice

#965 ·
If she feels better, she has like 2/3 weeks for YEC, it's enough time to practice
Which part of the whole 'she's starting to practice in 2 weeks time' did you not understand? To go and play YEC with a week or less of practice after a couple of months of not playing, plus against the best players in the world and in full intensity, would not give her anything tennis wise except satisfy your wish to see her on a tennis court at any cost, and possibly straining the shoulder more than she should after such a long break :eek:

#970 ·
masha :sobbing:

i wasn't expect her to play YEC, but i miss her a lot, i can't wait to see exibition matches :hearts:

i wish her that sh recover full and find great team, now she is travelling across the europe, let her enjoy, and then please regroup, i have bad feeling that we gave shitty 2014 season ahead of us :hysteric:

#971 ·
Despite a tiny bit of hope left, I was under no illusion that Maria would turn up to play in Istanbul. She has made the right choice, better rest and wait for the 2014 season. Getting started again will not be without challenges though. I wish her all the very best, I look forward to see her winning more trophies.

#972 ·
Maria out of YEC ! :sad:

Will Maria at least be able to play Fed Cup final ? :scared:

#973 ·
she won't. Her next WTA tournament is Brisbane in 2014.(confirmed by Masha on twitter) in December she plays 3 exho matches.

#974 ·
:sobbing:

Who will then play for Russia ? :tape: Russian tennis has become so bad :help:

#975 ·
:sobbing:

Who will then play for Russia ? :tape: Russian tennis has become so bad :help:
Makiri and Pavs will flop there , it's their turn:sad:

Reactions: rucolo
#977 ·
Sumyk , Hingis and hope his name won't be Mouratoglou:hysteric:

I'm not waiting anything sensible from Maria to be honest.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.