Tennis Forum banner

Tokyo 2012: FlopPova bundled out by her biggest Pigeon.

31K views 499 replies 67 participants last post by  Stonerpova 
#1 · (Edited)
New thread for her next tourney :)

(Sorry about the lame title, it can be changed when someone comes up with something better)

#396 ·
Re: Tokyo 2012: Maria gets Fast and Furious in Tokyo

I honestly don't know how much it effects the schedule either, I think I asked here if anyone knew how it affected practice. For instance does she have to go a little easier in training for a couple of weeks after. I've never heard word of her spending more than two weeks rehab in Phoenix though.

#403 ·

Maria fought but too many stupid mistakes in the end. Really thought she would take that tiebreak despite being down all those match points.
Plus I think she really would have a shot of winning this tournament after Vika's withdrawal. But I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
Play better in Beijing :)

#405 ·

uhh i'm so pissed off right now about this match!!!I really thought she played so much better today compared to previously and had so many chances to win!!1Plus Vika withdrew so had she won she might have passed her in the race for Instanbul!!!God so frustrating!!!

#406 ·

OMG Sam was incredible, she's so determined to beat Maria, played so crazily and also does not back down when faces pressure. Maria on the other hand had her chances but was uninspired to capitalize those big fat chances. Such a shame but no excuse really after such a long season, her body must be so exhausted. So be ready and get some points in Beijing!

(Vika must see this coming so she withdrew early :lol:)

Anyway, hope Sam can win the whole thing :cheer:

#408 ·

OMG Sam was incredible, she's so determined to beat Maria, played so crazily and also does not back down when faces pressure. Maria on the other hand had her chances but was uninspired to capitalize those big fat chances. Such a shame but no excuse really after such a long season, her body must be so exhausted. So be ready and get some points in Beijing!

(Vika must see this coming so she withdrew early :lol:)

Anyway, hope Sam can win the whole thing :cheer:
Yep, despite Sam's little chokes she really seems determined to give a hell of a fight against Maria.
Maria beat her so many times and so badly there was obviously gonna be a moment where she was going to fare better against Maria and I think this time has arrived.
It sucks that she lost there were a lot of points to win but hopefully it's a good wake up call cause she seriously needs to work and find a better form.

#412 ·

Before shit hits the fan I want to say this simple thing:

People seem to talk about how dissappointed they are with Maria's performance and that she looks tired etc etc.

Well yeah she looks tired... so is almost every top player out there...

You see it is not just Maria that seems to be running on fumes... Kvitova seemed like dead meat out there, Li Na is out of sync, Azarenka walks over etc etc.

So yeah I think people should see the bigger picture here. Maria is tired, and that schedule needs to be amended by the WTA and ATP because they are hurting the sport really, or at least the final stages of the season.

Most of the top 10 players are already running on fumes for quite some time now.

#416 ·

Before shit hits the fan I want to say this simple thing:

People seem to talk about how dissappointed they are with Maria's performance and that she looks tired etc etc.

Well yeah she looks tired... so is almost every top player out there...

You see it is not just Maria that seems to be running on fumes... Kvitova seemed like dead meat out there, Li Na is out of sync, Azarenka walks over etc etc.

So yeah I think people should see the bigger picture here. Maria is tired, and that schedule needs to be amended by the WTA and ATP because they are hurting the sport really, or at least the final stages of the season.

Most of the top 10 players are already running on fumes for quite some time now.
That's exactly what I wanted to write. :yeah:
No human can be in top form in this moment of the season, after being playing so much since the start :shrug:
This is the moment where all the players who were bad for the most part of the year (no offense to other players fans!), and are more rested, come out to win some match and some tournaments. Caroline and Sam didn't have a good season and lately they're winning more (even if Sam is Maria's punchbag) for example, Aga is playing better after a sloppy summer (OG and north american part of the season)...
I'm sad for Maria losing but let's be realistic here, she and Vika had probably the best and longest season in all the tour (even Serena didn't play so much and so good until Wimbledon :shrug:) so probably now they're the most tired out, so they just have to hang on and save energies for the YEC.
And let me say, if you consider the 3 matches played by Maria she kept playing better after every match this week, even if she was in an awful form, so we just have to think positive for some good matches in Beijing and to find the best possible form for the end of october. ;)

#415 ·

Tbh, I'm just kind of bummed for the h2h. :lol:

Maria can't play like shit and always get away with it. Even though Stosur is her punchbag this isn't a surprising or a bad loss.

#417 ·

Didn't watch, but can't say that it was unexpected. I gotta say, reluctantly, that for me the tennis season ends with USO. I mean, there are some big tourneys after, but they only build up for the YEC, plus all the top players look like they are gonna drop dead on the court, because they simply don't have enough energy left in their tanks... For all I care, Maria should skip Beijing and just prepare for the YEC. Although I already see the scenario of fully-rested Rena wiping the floor with the competition :tape: Please let me be wrong :sobbing:

#418 ·

Although I already see the scenario of fully-rested Rena wiping the floor with the competition :tape: Please let me be wrong :sobbing:
That's what I fear most :eek: I'm sure she's more rested than Vika and Maria (read my last post) and I fear to see how she'll sweep Beijing :help:

#424 ·

I know I could sound silly because I talk about my "home" tournament, but I honestly believe if we have to call a 5th and 6th slam, that would be Miami and Rome... I don't see any other tournament, slams aside, that could be better. :shrug: But really, in my eyes Tokyo and Beijing are ALMOST :)angel:) at the level of Linz or Moscow which will come just before YEC.. :lol:

#425 ·

I know I could sound silly because I talk about my "home" tournament, but I honestly believe if we have to call a 5th and 6th slam, that would be Miami and Rome... I don't see any other tournament, slams aside, that could be better. :shrug: But really, in my eyes Tokyo and Beijing are ALMOST :)angel:) at the level of Linz or Moscow which will come just before YEC.. :lol:
You don't sound silly, Rome is one of the best tournaments after Slams for sure. And I also love that it's a joined event. Linz and Moscow, what are those? :p Btw, Maria is not playing Moscow this year, is she? Because I don't know where I read that she might (or I might have just made it up in my head :lol:).

#428 ·

I'm honestly glad she lost, its for her own good. Now its time to start training seriously...again
I am missing something here. After the us open, what did she do for three weeks?

#427 ·

Not really surprised by this loss tbh. Sam better win the tournament now :lol:

I hope she gets some rest and plays better in Beijing.

#429 ·

Well before you all start bashing me, the Stosur-Maria match-up is becoming a challenge, despite Maria being in bad form.

Stosur has won 2 of their last 3 matches and the one that she lost, she had a MP to close it out in two.

So from now on, Maria will really need to raise her level vs Sam otherwise, the h2h is going to start turning around :unsure:

I want her to withdraw from Beijing and play the YEC :cheer:

#431 ·

Maria :facepalm:

Losing to Stosur is horrible. Maria used to always beat her, now has huge problems with her :(

Shit tennis in Tokyo. Grand Slams and Olympics are over. No motivation left for 2012 :yawn:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.