Tennis Forum banner

Upcomer? Alexandra Kiick cheering thread!

37K views 244 replies 42 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought she deserved a thread :). She's had such an amazing year.

Birthdate: 30/06/1995

This year she is 18-4 and won Daytona Beach, got to the finals of Plantation and got to the Semi-Finals of Easter Bowl.

She is young and could have a bright future. She's ranked 140 currently on the junior tour.

Let us cheer her on!

See less See more
#27 ·
Allie had a great last two weeks, winning the G1 USTA International Spring Championships and the semis of the GB1 Easter Bowl!

#41 ·
Wow, that is a really kind section of the draw. Lots of opportunity for several girls, one of them being Allie. Hope she does well.

#44 ·
It's a stupid mistake of a young kid (something she personally didn't even write). People are too easily offended. If anything, chalk it up to immaturity and hope she learns from it. She has every right to express her opinion, just not in that controversial/immature of a way.

Reactions: Dan_Doe
#45 ·
It's a stupid mistake of a young kid (something she personally didn't even write). People are too easily offended. If anything, chalk it up to immaturity and hope she learns from it. She has every right to express her opinion, just not in that controversial/immature of a way.
Absolutely right.

Likewise, tennis fans have every right to be put off by such an unpleasant, nasty and ignorant statement and chose not to support her. :p

#50 ·
Seriously give it a break!

First of all it was a "re-tweet".

Secondly, she doesn't come from a "millionaire". That's just wrong for you (fantic) to even post that statement! Your not even close but that tells me alot about you. She may have been wrong to re-tweet something that someone else wrote but you are nothing more then an ignorant person for saying something about someone that is totally wrong just to make people or fans see her in a different light.

You should be kicked off this website for saying things that are untrue and just plain wrong.

Give her a break, she is young, I am sure she doesn't want people to get "AIDS" if they voted for Obama. Again it was a re-tweet, not something she said.

Maybe look at the person who said it and yourself (fantic).

#55 · (Edited)
What a belligerent 1st post by skiusa.

Kicking me out is unrealistic, I'm afraid :sad:
(check my avatar, it says 'lifetime member' :lol: )

Seriously give it a break!
Right back at you :lol:

Someone can't even tell a joke :facepalm:
My comment wasn't even that negative :hysteric:

skiusa your 'damage control', if it was, I consider as a fail.
(TennisFan218 did a MUCH better job than you :lol:
But if your intent was to alienate fans of Allie, you did a great job :yeah:)

#51 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone! Allie here!

My mom was googling my name (I don't know why) and she came across this. I just would like to apologize to each and every one of you for retweeting something like that. I am really not that type of person and wasn't thinking when I did it. I would never go out of my way to write something like that but just happened to be scrolling down twitter and saw it. It was stupid to re-tweet and I did not say it. However, it was a very immature move on my part and I am truly sorry.

I truly do not want to offend anyone nor do I want anyone to get AIDS (ANYONE).

On another note, I just want to thank all of you for supporting me, following me, and I really hope this doesn't change the way you think of me. Like I said this really is not the kind of person I am so I hope you believe that.

#52 ·
Hello Everyone! Allie here!

My mom was googling my name (I don't know why) and she came across this. I just would like to apologize to each and every one of you for retweeting something like that. I am really not that type of person and wasn't thinking when I did it. I would never go out of my way to write something like that but just happened to be scrolling down twitter and saw it. You know i was just upset because of the election and a lot of my friends were rubbing it in that Obama won, so a lot of it was out of anger. However, it was a very immature move on my part and I am truly sorry.

On another note, I just want to thank all of you for supporting me, following me, and I really hope this doesn't change the way you think of me. Like I said this really is not the kind of person I am so I hope you believe that.
Allie, if this is you, I think it's mature of you to acknowledge that tweet as a mistake. As a lot of us on this board are young (I'm 20, I know a lot of posters in Team USA are 18-22) we should all surely know what it's like to say something in the heat of the moment or say something that's immature and not realize it until later. What matters is how you learn from it. I think a lot of people here overreacted, but politics are a very touchy matter.

Also, thanks for stopping by this thread! If you ever feel like coming back here and posting updates on your schedule or results, feel free! Coco Vandeweghe and Jamie Hampton used to do so for a while. I look forward to following your results and the results of the other American guys and gals this season! Keep up the hard work and do your best!

#59 ·
Ivanovic2008- Thank you so much for starting it! Its so cool to be able to connect with my fans :)

tie_breaker- yes a lot of people have been wondering about that haha. However, I have not come to a decision as of right now. I am most definitely keeping both options open as I really would like to have a back up in my career. I am constantly seeing many girls who are older and struggling on the pro circuit and I don't want to be in that position. I would really like to have some thing to fall back on if I get injured or If I'm just not good enough. To be honest, my original plan was to attend a university (I really only have one in mind), go for a year and then turn pro. The university I am looking at allows me to go to school for only one year, leave and attempt the pro circuit and if I happen to get injured or just not make it i can go back and fulfill my education for FREE! A lot of people say "well thats a no brainer, take that deal" but, I truly love this sport and I am very dedicated to it. A lot of this will depend on how the rest of the year goes and if i see a GOOD/SMART opportunity to turn pro I will. I would like to turn pro more than anything but I really want to be smart with my life. And of course I'm in no rush to get anywhere. Im just riding the wave and trying to learn from it (if I only had a crystal ball).

I leave for Australia on Saturday and I am very very excited! Im really playing well, definitely on the top of my game so I hope that carries over on to the court for the Australian Open juniors and the pro tournaments after. I have been working so hard to get in the best physical shape possible and I think it will pay off.

Thank you all again for the support, it really does help having people behind you.

Talk to you all from the land down under!!

Cheers, :)

Allie Kiick

P.S. If you happen to have a facebook, my mom created a fan page for me under "Alexandra Kiick" to help get results to my family and friends. She will be updating it during or after my matches in Australia!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.