Tennis Forum banner

US open!

8K views 55 replies 8 participants last post by  forever_rafter 
#1 ·
There should be a special thread :p

She is the 22nd seed in the competition.Hopefully she can have a great tournament, and reach a 4th round :smash: :p

In doubles she'll probably be 3rd seed along with Ai Sugiyama.Hopefully another final at least :D

#5 ·
Her section:
Katarina Srebotnik SLO (22) vs. Alicia Molik AUS
Maria Kirilenko RUS vs. Martina Muller GER
Jelena Kostanic Tosic CRO vs. Elena Vesnina RUS
Julia Vakulenko UKR vs. Daniela Hantuchova SVK (9)

I kinda sensed she'd get Hantuchova in round 3 again. Hopefully she can reach it and get some revenge. The draw is not the easiest, but managable.

#6 ·
Tough draw :(
I'm mad that Kata, Dani & Elena V are all in same part of it...
May the best woman get out of it ;)

I wonder if Ai & Kata will play mixed :confused: Kata with Nenad? :inlove: Nice guy.

#10 ·
Great smooth win today and with Hantuchova out, Kata has a perfect chance to finally reach that cursed 4th round again, having said that I'm not holding my breath just yet. :eek:
One step at a time, Kirilenko next, Kata already beat her this summer, hopefully she can do it again.
I wonder if Ai & Kata will play mixed :confused: Kata with Nenad? :inlove: Nice guy.
No mixed this time, focusing on doubles and singles only.

#7 ·
:eek:

Awful draw.

Just when you see Molik in first round, you think: She's not in the best form, she's beatable.

And then you see Kirilenko 2nd round... :bolt: And she's in form.But hopefully a 3rd round, and Hantuchova isn't toughest of the seeds right now, so good 3rd round draw I think :yeah: , because Hantuchova isn't in her biggest form...

#8 ·
Doubles is also rather difficult:

(3) Ai & Kata vs. Ji/Sun
Krajicek/Radwanska vs. Hradecka/Voracova
Dellacqua/Pratt vs. (WC) Barte/Mueller
(WC) Haynes/Rolle vs. (15) King/Loit

other teams in their quarter: husarova/schnyder, (7) safina/dechy, petrova/vaidisova, (12) garbin/peer :eek:
Tough section indeed.
In Black/Huber's half of the draw, too.

#9 ·
Kata def Molik 6-2, 6-2! Nice easy win! Next up is Kirilenko! Should be a good match! Good luck Kata!

#11 ·
Really nice win over Molik :worship:
Now, get to 3RD!
One step at a time :cool:

Ah, that's too bad about mixed - hopefully singles and doubles results are worthy of this decision! (that is: R16 & WIN :p:D:angel:)

#12 ·
Great win over Molik.It was kinda unexpected, that easy.

She really has the 4R chance.Just that this time her bigggest hurdle is in the second round, Kirilenko.

Good luck today in doubles =)

#13 ·
I really really really hope she beats Kirilenko, all the talk in GM is about how Kirilenko is already in r3, no one even mentions the possibility of Kata getting there, they all just talk about Vakulenko vs. Kirilenko in r3 or some other crap like that. So I really hope Kata does the talking on the court and beats Kirilenko again, I wouldn't mind another bagel like in Stanford, but in the end any win would do. Gremo!

#15 ·
Totally agree. It is true Kirilenko isn't in the bad form anymore, but she's in a solid form, and with it, she's still beatable. I personally think Katarina will still win pretty easily, like 64 63.I may be wrong, but that's just my opinion.

She just has too much strengths to expose Kirilenko in a tough situation. She has net skills, forehand & the serve, what could hurt Kirilenko. Too bad though, Kirilenko is one of my favourites too :(

#16 ·
Ai lost in singles :( So I guess she's focusing on the doubles now... I hope they win it, I really really do.

#18 ·
It was a very relaxing match to watch--no worries on
my part at all! They basically demolished Ji/Sun, who had to
fight really hard to get that one game.

It went so fast I forgot to take out my camera until
match pt.

But it was really good to see them play so well--both
Kata and Ai were really on top of their games, and having
fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.