Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donna Vekic - Volume 2

351K views 5K replies 142 participants last post by  Poiree 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
New volume

#623 ·
I would normally say this is not that bad because Govortsova can be very very dangerous but given her form, unless she played a really good match, this is not a good indicator for Donna. I think she needs to either gain confidence at ITF Level, although she never plays well at that lower level (Istanbul 50K) or play more higher level events. Anyway, she just needs to train a bit and get some confidence :) I don't think Beijing Qualies would actually be a bad idea... Tokyo would be even better where LDA for Qualifying is nearly always in the low 100s :( Anyway, hopefully she will do better in Linz/Luxembourg :) It will be great to see her play on Indoor Hard :) :D I think it will suit her so well :yeah:

#626 ·
Oh Donna :sad:

Try your best in last two tournament this year and then hit the training courts!

I knew that this year will be tough for Donna, it was quick transition from pathetic 25K's to Internationals and Grand Slams. Let's hope that she and her team have learned something and that they will return stronger and better in 2014.

So sad, it was really nice chance for first title :sobbing:

#631 ·
Oh Donna :sad:

Try your best in last two tournament this year and then hit the training courts!

I knew that this year will be tough for Donna, it was quick transition from pathetic 25K's to Internationals and Grand Slams. Let's hope that she and her team have learned something and that they will return stronger and better in 2014.

So sad, it was really nice chance for first title :sobbing:
honestly that's all i would like to say, as long as she's working hard to improve i wouldn't care too much on these defeats

gone are the days when you could expect another Sharapova or Vaidisova on the tour when the game is becoming this physical, hardworking is the only way to be an elite

#627 ·
I'm really worried about Donna, she doesn't seem to make any progress in her game and ranking since Australian Open. Except for Birmingham she allways lost when facing even a remotely serious opponent (Top100 level players).
Dunno why is this happening because she's really talented, enough to make Top20 someday and win some WTA titles.

#628 ·
I wonder why she doesn't play more back to back tournaments. I know she is still under age restrictions, and those were even more pronounced up until her birthday in late June, but she takes breaks from competitive matches too often IMO. Practice sessions are one thing and Pro Tour is a whole other animal so I'd like to see some change in that regard. This year her schedule looked like this:

- AO in mid January
- Kuala Lumpur in late Feburary
- back to back Miami mid March, Monterrey early April
- Istanbul and Madrid (late April-early May)
- RG and Birmingham (late May-early June)
- then a break until Wimbledon in late June
- then two weeks off until Baku in late July
- two weeks off before Cincinnati in mid August
- another week off for USO and Tashkent

So altogether a lot of gaps between tournaments.

Here's how Kuznetsova scheduled her 2013 with just two events more played:

Auckland - Sydney - AO
Doha - Dubai
Indian Wells - Miami
Estoril - Madrid - Rome
RG
(break due to injury)
Carlsbad - Toronto - Cincinnati
USO

So Donna played back to back tournaments just 4 times this year, while Kuznetsova did it twice with two tournaments and three more times with three tournaments each time. I wonder if Vekic team plans to change that for 2014.

#629 ·
I understand you point but at the same time, I think her schedule is smarter because it keeps her playing throughout the year. There is nothing worse than playing all these tournaments together and then not playing for 2 Months :( I think she should have played some German Bundesliga or another Club league given that it gives her matches against actually decent opponents, pocket money and some practice in low pressure on Clay :)

#632 ·
Guys there's a good chance I see Donna in the coming days (I'm going over to watch Davis Cup CRO vs. GBR and as I understand it she's there) so if you have some questions for her I'll aks if I bump into her. I'm leaving in some 12-13 hours time :)

#633 ·
Have an amazing time!

I had a bad dream the other night where I saw Donna play, she lost, and when I asked for an autograph she basically told me to piss off :(

If you get a chance to talk to her just find out for me that my dream was a nightmare, and she isn't like that at all :hysteric:

Take pictures if possible, and post pictures of you with her if you can :oh:

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#635 ·
Thanks tildeloltilde, I'll do my best to have an amazing time...and tell her about your nightmare...and post pictures...:lol: Jokes aside, I just saw on twitter that Ana Konjuh will be there too (or already is, not sure), Goran Ivanisevic is suppose to come on Sunday...should be great!

#643 ·
She get back up the ranking again I wonder through will she play some ITF this year after all WTA event are over

#645 ·
It's not in her schedule and normally she is quite true to it :)
If she does it will probably some 125s. Her ranking will most likely drop off a bit more as she has 100K SF points from Suzhou coming off along with QF 25K Seoul Points and QF 125K Pune points. If she can maintain her current ranking that would be nice :)
I just saw her Schedule looking at her Schedule it going be hard too maintain her current ranking I hoping she could, but I think she will need at least QF or two at her last two WTA events, I think playing 125K Pune would be an good idea

#646 ·
I just saw her Schedule looking at her Schedule it going be hard too maintain her current ranking I hoping she could, but I think she will need at least QF or two at her last two WTA events, I think playing 125K Pune would be an good idea
Pune's gone it's now Nanjing and Taipei has remained :)
She has a good number of tournaments left as she has only used 4 of up to 20 and after Luxembourg and Linz will only have used 6 :shrug: Playing at least one would not be a bad idea for her ranking but in a way she doesn't really need that high a ranking especially when it means sacrificing WTA events because even if she doesn't win another match this year she will still be Top 100, making GS MDs and except for a few exceptions, WTA MDs :shrug:

I really would like to see her play WTA Premiers and by that I mean Premier 600 and 700s :) I mean I think Moscow would be as good a choice as Luxembourg because she will have to get through an easy Qualifying Draw, giving her 20 Points, and if she wins a round she gets an extra 50. 80 Points would be very significant for her ranking right now and she also would have the opportunity to draw top players which IMO is more useful than drawing players in the 30s :shrug: Also the Prize Money :D

Still, aside from the fact that she likes to jet-set around the world, I think Donna's schedule is pretty decent and her team will most likely make the right decision :)

#648 ·
So guys, I'm back home but the trip didn't end up the way I hoped. I was at the matches and so were Donna and Ana, but it's not only that I didn't get to talk to either, but I barely have some photos from which you could figure it's them they're showing. I was located at a different section of the stands from them so all I could do was take pictures from afar. As soon as the match was over they'd disappear into the tunnel in a split second and I haven't seen them around the stadium or in town. What I did see is them yapping throughout the match, giggling and hiding behind the banner - they seemed to have been in their own little world there :lol: Also, I noticed something interesting, that in terms of personality they don't seem the way you'd guess based on their playing style. Let me elaborate - while Ana would sit and not move until the match ended, Donna was going in and out of a tunnel, cheering, going over to talk to someone, making videos of the atmosphere... As Ana is the one with the more "active" i.e. agressive playing style, I found that a bit peculiar and interesting. One of Ana's sisters was also there and I saw Ana signing autographs on several ocassions - not sure if Donna didn't want to do it or no one asked her to do it :lol: Jokes aside, it was a lovely weekend, but I was hoping for a bit more in terms of bumping into someone around the stadium.

#652 ·
^ I agree with some your saying I kinda think she let some Hype get too her which is wat most young player do when it first come a But I thinking/Hoping she improve over the years and live up too her potential I think she can do better then top 30 through out her career

#666 ·
Based on the latest update the seeds of Linz are Kvitova, Flipkens, Ivanovic, Stephens, Halep, Suarez Navarro, Cibulkova and Cirstea, while Donna is 6th on the qualie list behind Riske, Vogt, Ka. Pliskova, Cadantu and McHale. With only a week to go, I'm not sure she'll make the main draw, but that would actually be better for her at this point I think. Some extra matches to tune in and find her game certainly can't harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.