Tennis Forum banner

Sabine in AEGON Classic - Birmingham

9K views 71 replies 20 participants last post by  Mike81 
#1 ·
She will be the defending champion and no.1 seed :cheer: Good luck! :worship:

Those were sooooo good times :awww: I miss them awfully :sad:

See less See more
#39 ·
exactly, Ula played rather good, but gave Sabine enough chances to turn it around.

i wonder what the hell is wrong with hear health again, since she had to see the doctor several times :mad:

#42 ·
SABINE MUST CHANGE HER TEAM COMPLETELY!

1)She has no tactics (base on her previous matches), when she calls her coach, he can't help her... She has to be blind to see her coach is short of her..
2)Why didn't she play doubles in the beginning of the season? Why stopped playing with Sam?
3)Lots of photo shoots, advertisement shoots and exhibition matches (off court activities) this year. All of them took her mind out of the tennis!
4)Why did she change her racket? Maybe the right question is why right before RG?
5)Why didn't she play Nottingham ITF? She didn't have time to train on grass, how could her team didn't notice about this? She chosen to play exhibition match and go to a photoshoot.
6)Her biggest mistake is her mental strength, I was expecting her to cope with this but with each passing season it is getting worst. Crying and tears almost every match...
7)She is not serving anymore like she used to. I wonder does her team have any training plan about this? If yes why nothing changed?
8)Sabine took 5 injury breaks this year. How could she get injured this much easy? Anything wrong with her trainings?
9)What happened to Chip Brooks as a coach?
10)Lots of UE and week 1st serve from her. Any training plan for this?
11)She had 35 off days after her matches which she loose this is a huge time to fix something, even some players come from injury and play but nothing changed her game? WHY?
12)Does she have any health problem?
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=450883

#43 ·
SABINE MUST CHANGE HER TEAM COMPLETELY!

1)She has no tactics (base on her previous matches), when she calls her coach, he can't help her...
2)Why didn't she play doubles in the beginning of the season? Why stopped playing with Sam?
3)Lots of photo shoots, advertisement shoots and exhibition matches this year. All of them took her mind out of the tennis!
4)Why did she change her racket? Maybe the right question is why right before RG?
5)Why didn't she play Nottingham ITF? She didn't have time to train on grass, how could her team didn't notice about this? She chosen to play exhibition match and go to a photoshoot.
6)Her biggest mistake is her mental strength, I was expecting her to cope with this but with each passing season it is getting worst. Crying and tears almost every match...
7)She is not serving anymore like she used to. I wonder does her team have any training plan about this? If yes why nothing changed?
8)Sabine took 5 injury breaks this year. How could she get injured this much easy? Anything wrong with her trainings?
9)What happened to Chip Brooks as a coach?
10)Lots of UE and week 1st serve from her. Any training plan for this?
11)She had 35 off days after her matches which she loose this is a huge time to fix something, even some players come from injury and play but nothing changed her game? WHY?
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=450883
100% agree, new Team and most important, a new attitude is needed, she has to focus at different things.
Since the ranking is crushed now, it's time for a break to regroup and come back mentally strong and in form, like Kerber did last year.

#45 ·
I agreed with Geekking last time, I agree with him this time. Where is her serve - WHERE IS HER SERVE??!! She called it a weapon on grass...it's a very powerless weapon then. :bigcry:
phantom menace :(

#46 ·
did someone see the match ? did she play so bad ?

unfortunately the match was really difficult, U. Radw is playing fine whilw sabine not :( she may have an easier draw :/

what about her new ranking on monday ? :s

#47 ·
well, not a big surprise here!
Statstics looked decent at least, but her serve was also OK against Parmentier and then she served like shit against BMS, so I am not sure if we can see any kind of improvement!
But grass suits her game most but she won´t have many matches now before Wimbledon and that is the biggest problem. I hope for her that she faces a player there who just hates grass, she needs one or two wins in London at least.
Her ranking will fall down now anyway, but more important for her now to get into some decent shape again soon, it is also a question of confidence anyway...so many painful defeats this year.

#53 ·
Didn't hear or see the match because it was too late so I can't offer much. Seems like she has the same problems every match, although breathing problems now?... She definately needs to change things with the way she trains and her approach to matches. Really, other than that I don't know what to say. Bad times :sad:

#56 ·
I thought about to take apart some comments, but after thinking about I decided not to waste my narrow leisure with stupid people posts;)

@Geeking: Look for an own life and and care about it than judging people you even know in no sense!

I'm happy that not all her fans, her REAL fans aren't like that. I listened to the BBC yesterday and the guys mentioned her playing some good winners but it's her inconstancy that broke her neck. But they really cheered for her, even when it was clear, she probably won't win it and they also underlined, Ulla playing a good match and being much more well tuned on grass what makes the difference by confidence. And that's it, her lack of confidence!

Could write much more but would not change anything. ;)

Thanx for the posts (I completely agree with) of @Jimmy48 and @Michael :yeah:

I didn't expect her to win, though I hoped so and I will ever cheer for her, cos she is still THE ONE on court for me atm! (even though she makes me suffer, but only for a short moment...cause my life goes on ;) and even yesterday *Thanks GOMEZ* he deserves to become my Ava for one day :lol: )

And now have fun, "Know all" about how Lisicki's life must be changed

#57 · (Edited)
I thought about to take apart some comments, but after thinking about I decided not to waste my narrow leisure with stupid people posts;)

@Geeking: Look for an own life and and care about it than judging people you even know in no sense!
None of us are perfect, if we look to our lifes of course we have problems too but it doesn't mean we can't judge the player which we support. If we are not going to talk about her tennis why we are here? To talk about her cloths, boyfriend or her body shape like some fans only do? If you have an antithesis what I said I would like to hear, we can discuss within the framework of mutual respect...
The things which I said are not new, I've been saying those since Jan. In my opinion, you have to be blind not to see those mistakes...
We are all here to support Sabine, we all love her so calling "stupid" to other fan is inappropriate.
Thank you for sharing your own opinions I respect them even you called me or other fan "stupid"...

"You have to be cruel to be kind" :)

#58 ·
Yes if it isnt allowed to discuss the reasons for her slump, its pointless !

We are all worried and thats why we are searching for the reasons and a solution.
It has never looked that bad regarding her form drop at the moment, so what else is there to do, just say everything will be ok and tell her she shouldnt change a thing, i dont think so.

#67 ·
People need to stick through the hard times to be real fans. Maybe those that jumped on the Bine bandwagon after her Wimbly semi run are not following her so much now but for anyone that followed her during 2010 when she was out half of the year injured and then playing ITF's in early 2011, we know about the ups and downs of following her. Also I am used to following teams that go through bad losing runs in team sports so it's not an unusual experience for me to go through these times.

Sabine seems constantly unlucky with health issues. Really we don't know the full story of her health so we can't judge this. Certainly I don't think anyone accusing Sabine of faking or over exaggerating any of her health issues on/off court has any idea of what it's like to deal with the problems as a pro athlete, they just like to have something to complain about. I got frustrated a few months ago after a Bine retirement and made some bad comments but then I was apologetic. None of us are pro tennis players as far as I know so we shouldn't question anyone's stamina or whether they are genuinely sick/injured in games.

#69 ·
People need to stick through the hard times to be real fans.
Also I am used to following teams that go through bad losing runs in team sports so it's not an unusual experience for me to go through these times.

Sabine seems constantly unlucky with health issues. Really we don't know the full story of her health so we can't judge this.

Certainly I don't think anyone accusing Sabine of faking or over exaggerating any of her health issues on/off court has any idea of what it's like to deal with the problems as a pro athlete
Exactly This!:rocker:

That's the way it is. And Sabine needs fans who think like that, now more than in good times, encouraging than doubting about her ability to make the right decisions! ;)

#68 ·
Yes Mike, most of us were Fans long before Wimbledon and we know her ups and downs and nobody said something bad about Bine. Only searching for a way out, because it hasn't been that bad before, regarding her formdrop.
Saying she is alright and will win again, without changing something, like some do and get angry at others which don't think so, is kinda naive and they don't know her very well then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.