Tennis Forum banner

Articles and news about the Goddess

30K views 611 replies 9 participants last post by  hellas719 
#1 · (Edited)
Any recent news about Eleni? How the recovery is going? I miss her :sad:

#590 ·
Blog:
Eleni said that it was her first time ever in Malaysia and she was looking forward to it. She also said that she wasn't going to play doubles because of the conditions, late matches, and that she was playing IW qualies.

Blog:
Eleni spoke about her tough match against Mirza. She said that she took many pictures during that match but I think it was a typo :lol:. She wasted 4 MPs before finally closing it out :help:.

Blog:
She talked about practicing with Dokic and joking around with her and how they know each other for many years :). She said that the conditions were brutal in the match against Gajdosova and that she was alone in Kuala Lumpur because her coach had personal problems, but that he will be back in Indian Wells ;)

Blog:
She said that physically she couldn't handle the two matches in one day and her back was bothering her, but she didn't retire because it was a huge opportunity and that she liked the fans in Kuala Lumpur and hopes to be back next year :D. *She also said that she left the court in tears :sad:

#591 ·
Blog:
Eleni said that she got some new rackets from wilson :)

#592 ·
Blog:
She said that she was playing well against Pavlyuchenkova and then Pavlyuchenkova started to play better and won and she said that she withdrew from Copenhagen because she doesn't want to risk her injuries and then she will play next in Fes...

#593 ·
Eleni seems very happy and relaxed from her tweets :)
She said its the first time in 10 years that she spends Easter at home, although she probably forgot about 2008 when she was off injured from Miami until the Olympics :p

#595 ·
Blog:
Eleni said that Fes was the worst tournament of the year for her so far. She went alone because her coach had some family problems. She had to take 3 flights to get there (on twitter she said Thessaloniki to Munich to Marseille to Fes) and she didn't feel well. She has some back problems but they are not very serious. She couldn't serve freely against Kuznetsova because of her back and she had trouble moving too. She lost the first set but played well to go up 5-2 in the second but then she didn't play well. She also added that she was supposed to play doubles with Zakopalova, but Zakopalova was injured so they had to withdraw. She said that maybe it was a good decision to skip doubles since she wasn't 100% either. She is home now and she will see her physio and then she will go to Estoril ;)

#596 ·
Blog:
Eleni talked about how she lost in Brussels and how she has had a bad clay season and lost her confidence :(
Blog:
Eleni talked about her doubles title in Nottingham with Dellacqua, and she also said that she got a new coach and they will be together on trial basis until the Olympics. I guess does that mean she is getting a WC? :oh::aparty:

#597 ·
Blog:
She said that she had to withdraw from her Stanford doubles QF because Ula was tired...

Blog:
She talked about how great it was to win her first match in such a long time, etc.

Blog:
She spoke about her epic match against Vania King and how she didn't feel well and was cramping but kept fighting, etc. :)

#598 ·
She blogged that she got a new coach, Cristian Kordasz ;)

#599 ·
Eleni was interviewed back in July:
http://tennisnews.gr/inside-tennis/interviews/-/8464-lena-ego

She basically talked about how her parents/family are always there for her to support her and she said that the economic situation in Greece is sad and it disappoints her that the other countries have a bad image of Greece and that she always tries to talk about the beauty of Greece in her interviews abroad. She also said that she has a dream to start a family one day because she loves children :)

#600 ·
Blog:
She blogged about how it wasn't her best season but she ended it well and is satisfied that she achieved her goal of making the Australian Open MD :)

#601 ·
Blog:
She blogged about the difficult match against Vandeweghe, and talked about the conditions and also about how she just kept fighting until the end :)

#602 ·
update from her facebook page:
Greetings to all of my friends and followers from me here in Monterrey, Mexico.

Right now I am chilling out in Starbucks with my friend John Morris after a solid day of training and fitness.

Tonight we will go to a nice Mexican restaurant hosted by the WTA and tomorrow I practice twice ahead of my first round match against Voskoboeva which I think will be Monday or Tuesday!

Have a great evening guys and an even better Easter Sunday and thank you all for your continued support!

#603 ·
Blog:
Eleni basically said that the match against Vika did not go very well, etc. :p

Blog:
Eleni basically said that February was a tough month with some tough losses.

#604 ·
I am still in Mexico as you probably know..It is my last tournament before i hit home, i am so excited to return to Europe, it was a long trip again. So far has been a great week here in Monterrey, having a lot of fun with the people here and the BEST is that i have one of the nicest persons next to me…my friend and manager John Morris. He is helping me out this week as i am without a coach at the moment. I lost my singles vs Voskoboeva in three sets, we played each other in Miami that was just 2 weeks ago. Funny…sometimes you don’t play players since years and years and now at my last two tournaments i played vs the same one and both times i lost. It was not easy mentally but i am very happy with the way i fought!! One player had to lose and it was me. She played better at the last 2-3 games of the match. Following day?? It was a day with no doubles. I had a good practice with a sparring of the tournament, a massage as my body needed it and watched some matches!
My doubles partner Coco Vandeweghe was playing her singles match, i was there to support her! Such a good fight..vs Bartoli! We decided to go all together for dinner…and what else here in Mexico?? Of course to a Mexican Restaurant. I never had so much tortillas and guacamole in all my life:)))) Just too good here!!!! It was a lot of fun:))))
Today we had our doubles. We won in super tie break!! That was scary..:) We lost 4 decision points at the first set and in 3 of those i made an easy mistakes. It was so tough to sit at the changeover and see the score board 4-6. I have to give all the credit to my partner for helping me out with her attitude!!! So nice to have a positive partner:) We managed to play a great tie break in the end and felt a bit of a relief with this victory!! I lost a couple of close matches the last few weeks and it is not easy mentally…but i am here to fight until the end and i will keep giving my best! Tomorrow is a new day, with the doubles match on my schedule! Looking so forward to rock with Coco after her singles:) Long day ached…but with a good energy! Off to bed for now…stay in touch…and?? i am a new Facebook fan!!!!!!!! Check it out:) Take good care, your Eleni.

#605 ·
Posted this on her facebook page a few days ago:
Good afternoon guys!

I got back from Istanbul. It was a short trip..I lost first round vs a tough opponent.

The tournament was really good especially for a challenger! Great location..The hotel next to the water..and the Main Street with full of restaurants and shops! The courts close by! Very easy going! Accept the traffic:) We were walking every day to the courts..this means everything:)

From now on?? Clay courts starts! I had today my first practice! it was not bad after almost a year:)
Me and my team we decide to play few small tournaments instead of the big ones, just to get some more matches before RG!

So the weeks of Rome and Madrid I play in Trnava (Slovakia) and Prague (Czech) singles and doubles!

I will have few more days of practice here in Athens and then gooooo!

Wish you the best!

Your Eleni

#606 ·
From her facebook,she explains why she had to withdraw:

The tournament finished with the worst way..

yesterday it was a big day by winning singles and doubles! I was around 4 hours on court for the matches! My recovering was perfect..i did everything to be ready for today! This morning i was feeling really good physically and mentally! A bit more confidence with my game and my self!
I did the warm up before my singles match and i was feeling perfect and very happy to play! I was looking so forward for another BIG day!

I won the first set 6-4 and in the middle of the second set, at 3-3 i started to feel cramps in my left calf. After few games i felt the cramps to both legs...so it was impossible to keep playing. I had to retired from this match and also from the doubles. Very tough situation..very dissapoint it..

On top..all afternoon/evening..i don't feel good with the rest of the body.

I hope for a better day tomorrow! I will keep you posted!

E.

#607 ·
Eleni's last post on facebook (from friday)
Bonsoir guys...

I lost early at my last tournament in Prague but..they were some positive things! That's for sure! And i have to take this for my next tournament that is coming up...
ROLAND GARROS is ahead and i need to stay positive..as much as possible and with patience good results will come!

First match is on Wednesday! Until then..more less the same schedule with practices and recovering! I will update you shortly again..

Have a nice weekend, enjoy it!

Greetings to all of you from beautiful Paris,

your eleni

#608 ·
#609 ·
#610 · (Edited)
Eleni Daniilidou‏@elenidaniilidouFeb 10
Early practice with so many spectators:) love u all:)
pic.twitter.com/uJSdbhL2Ti

:spit:

#611 ·
#612 ·
She's still recovering from her surgery in Greece...

Eleni Daniilidou‏@elenidaniilidouAug 30
GREEK roads... FREE passing... NO LIMITATIONS... pic.twitter.com/5wMmR665WC
:spit:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.