Tennis Forum banner

Anastasia Potapova

321K views 5K replies 96 participants last post by  goldenlox 
#1 · (Edited)
(Facebook fanpage :p)

So I assume most people who now know about her discovered her at this year's Eddie Herr tournament, where she reached the final as the #10 seed in G12s singles, but unfortunately lost to seed 8 Ellie Douglas, 7-6(4) 0-6 2-6. :sobbing:

Thanks to the streams who could discover her and both her moonballing and ballbashing skills, her fiesty temper and crazy celebrations, and even her impressive racket throwing skills were eventually displayed to the world. ♥ :eek:h:

Here is a short report on the final from TennisKalamazoo:

"Ellie Douglas of the United States won the girls 12s, defeating Anastasia Potapova of Russia 6-7(4), 6-0, 6-2.

Douglas, the No. 8 seed, had come back from a set down in two of her previous three matches prior to the final, a situation she said she doesn’t mind.

“I just know what to do in the next set,” said the Texas resident. “After the first set I played a lot more aggressive and I moved her a lot.”
Douglas said Potapova was very aggressive and moved well, and she was also prone to loud displays of energy, occasionally directed at her opponent.

All that competitive fire came to head on match point, when Potapova threw her racquet with such fury that it landed on the other side of the net, uncomfortably close to Douglas.

“I didn’t know what happened,” said Douglas, who had he back turned to go collect her towel. “I heard something and then I heard the crowd. It was pretty close.”

The crowd booed loudly, but Potapova was not defaulted, and she and her partner Alina Mazepova, also of Russia, played and won the doubles final later in the afternoon. The No. 6 seeds, they defeated Douglas and her partner Sarah Bahsoun, the No. 5 seeds, 7-6(4), 6-3."
:)hysteric:)

So she's RU in singles and W in doubles. :yeah:

Nastya was born on March, 30 2001 and is from Saratov. Here are her results of this year:

Let's wish her a brilliant tennis future! :cheer::inlove:

She doesn't live in Saratov anymore, she's moved to Moscow and she's now training at the Ostrovskiy Tennis Academy in Khimki. Her coach is Irina Doronina, who's also the captain of Team Russia (who won the Junior Fed Cup last summer ♥).

See less See more
#61 ·
Re: A new Diva is coming to the world: the Nastya Potapova fanclub! ♥

Oh, ok :) I've added them but they didn't accept me :oh: and I guess I was too shy to talk to them lol, plus my Russian sucks :sad:

#63 ·

Actually, I'm from France :D (I picked a random nationality here :lol:) I've started learning Russian, but I'm a bit lazy :sad: :p

#67 ·

My cousin's been there a few years ago, and she showed us the pics she took and they were really :hearts: Are you from there? :)

#74 ·

GOATapova, the baddest bitch in the game :rocker2:
Indeed! :rocker: :cool:

Nastya's next tournament is Sergiyev Posad starting on the 18th of March
Cool! :bounce: Let's extand the winning streak :armed: Do you know if Katya is playing too? :)