Tennis Forum banner

2013 Cheering/Farewell/Hasta La Vista Thread

35K views 528 replies 32 participants last post by  milionesimo 
#1 ·
No one even bothered to make one. :lol: So I'm making it! :p

Hope to see Flavia back again on court! :bounce: And not just in her Twitter pics. :oh: :haha:

#412 ·
No, but she knows that I was one of her biggest fans in the day, once answered a very long fan letter and was absolutely lovely there, and I think that's why she accepted my friends request a couple years later. She never really commented on anything that I posted so I was absolutely happy about this comment today.

I could imagine that Maggie and Flavia would match up well together, similair to Simona and Flavia. A shame we never got to see it, it was a first round match I think.

#410 ·
I don't want to jynx her at all but, am I crazy for thinking she could actually win the whole thing ? There is no one she can't beat in her half of the draw, especially if Vika continues to play as bad as she has been so far. Of course Serena/Li in the final could be too much for her but given what happened in Wimbledon, I wouldn't be surprised to see Makarova reach the final.

Go Flavia :yeah:

#411 ·
I don't want to jynx her at all but, am I crazy for thinking she could actually win the whole thing? There is no one she can't beat in her half of the draw, especially if Vika continues to play as bad as she has been so far. Of course Serena/Li in the final could be too much for her but given what happened in Wimbledon, I wouldn't be surprised to see Makarova reach the final.

Go Flavia :yeah:
I think her nerves wouldn't hold up if it came down to the wire... I have to say though that she is playing as well as anyone in this tournament. I don't think Serena is serving as well as she usually does. I agree about Makarova though, she was so good against Lisicki and also against Radwanska. I expect Li or Makarova in the final TBH. But tennis is not only about your current level of play (where Flavia has been absolutely top notch), it's also about the nerves...

#414 ·
Flavia :eek: She really is playing well. Her play against Halep is just wow. :hearts: With that said, we've all been in this situation before. Pulling for her to win in the QF and we all know what happened. So I'll go with who knows, let's see if she does this time. It's just funny I never thought she'd get to have this chance again but yay it's here again. :cheer:

#423 ·
told ya she'd win against Halep :cool:

Then 1:6 5:7 in doubles, taking 90 long minutes in stead of recovering (accustomed pattern :rolleyes:)

My heart says Flavia should still be able to overpower Robi. But a win would be against the pattern because its a US Open QF :confused: ;)

#424 ·
i don't know if i survive tomorrow :lol:
a loss would really break my heart another time :sad:
the only positive thing is that if she lose she does it against another italian player but still wouldn't make me feel better because Sara and Flavia >>>>> everything
although me and Linda cheered like crazy against her vs Sara :hysteric::oh:

#425 ·
i don't know if i survive tomorrow :lol:
a loss would really break my heart another time :sad:
the only positive thing is that if she lose she does it against another italian player but still wouldn't make me feel better because Sara and Flavia >>>>> everything
although me and Linda cheered like crazy against her vs Sara
:hysteric::oh:
:haha: :hysteric:

How were we supposed to know she's go into GOAT-mode this tournament? :hysteric:
Sara's pressconference really made it so much worse at the time but now Flavia made the QF it's all ok:hearts:
edit: "it's all ok" doesn't mean she can go and lose tomorrow (even though she probably will)

#435 ·
:bigcry:

#445 ·
every setpoint/matchpoint down she killed Vika...that is what happen when she played mentally free :shrug: oh well, she has so many years ahead to go further in a slam :bowdown:

the problem is that Flavia hits too well...if she can't find power or depth (like most of the rallies today), she simply helps people finding rhythm :shrug: Aza was nervous but flavia "set" her right into the match :shrug:

I wish I could say Vika was better, but it's not true :shrug: Flavia started badly and never got in there mentally, when she started fighting it was too late, Aza gained all the confidence you get by knowing that you can win a set by playing around average tennis :shrug:

Flavia is probably the only player in the world who can lose a match where she hit more winners than Vika (4 more!) and less UEs than her (2 less) :facepalm:

I am very disappointed, because she served crap, as much as Vika is a great returner, she was broken 8 times today and she had been broken 8 times in the whole tournament before...

oh well, congrats Vika, being more clutch in the important points, that is what makes the difference in the end

#456 ·
every setpoint/matchpoint down she killed Vika...that is what happen when she played mentally free :shrug: oh well, she has so many years ahead to go further in a slam :bowdown:
Why the sarcasm? After the best Slam of her life, where she lost against the world #2, keeping up with her in a lot of rallies. It's not like she missed a huge opportunity to make a final or win a Slam. Be realistic.

the problem is that Flavia hits too well...if she can't find power or depth (like most of the rallies today), she simply helps people finding rhythm :shrug: Aza was nervous but flavia "set" her right into the match :shrug:
It seemed pretty obvious to me that she struggled to find depth because of Vika's power. Matching her on speed and depth was never going to happen, they're not the same kind of player that way.

I wish I could say Vika was better, but it's not true :shrug: Flavia started badly and never got in there mentally, when she started fighting it was too late, Aza gained all the confidence you get by knowing that you can win a set by playing around average tennis :shrug:
Not true at all. She was right there mentally from the beginning. Or at least from the 2nd game, breaking right back where she had the chance. Which she did twice more that first set. How can you say she didn't even fight?

Flavia is probably the only player in the world who can lose a match where she hit more winners than Vika (4 more!) and less UEs than her (2 less) :facepalm:
These matches happen.

I am very disappointed, because she served crap, as much as Vika is a great returner, she was broken 8 times today and she had been broken 8 times in the whole tournament before...

oh well, congrats Vika, being more clutch in the important points, that is what makes the difference in the end
I just don't get how you can be SO disappointed. Yes, she served badly, missed too many first serves and her 2nd is just too vulnerable against a returner like Vika. I suspect nerves had a lot to do with that. But we've seen Flavia fold on occasions similar to this one before, and she didn't fold today. The only moment it looked like that was in the middle of the 2nd set when Azarenka went a double break up. And even then she did break back again.

you can't serve this way against a returner like Vika :awww:
i had low hopes so i'm not so disappointed. Hope she keeps playing this way in next months and doesn't disappear :lol:
I completely agree with you for once.:lol::eek:
I'm kinda scared about her disappearing tbh.

#453 ·
like she had the game to beat Kerber, Flipkens, CSN :shrug: ok she's "flopping" later, but at the end of the day I would buy again those losses to Serena and Safina, at least there was little she could do there...truth is that if she plays her best she is a threat to every player but Serena, but that's like the same old story

you can't serve this way against a returner like Vika :awww:
i had low hopes so i'm not so disappointed. Hope she keeps playing this way in next months and doesn't disappear :lol:
I hope so...I want her to win one more tournament...it'd be great if she could win a premier again, maybe crap Moscow, but "only" LA is very little

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.