Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

327K views 5K replies 133 participants last post by  Pova 
#1 ·
Go Vika!!:bounce:

#2,121 ·
I just hope she can get some matches under her belt and reduce the mental collapses to a minimum.

#2,134 ·
I think what you really wanted was whatever low ranked player beat Caro. :p

#2,124 ·
Potential R3 Ivanovic - QF Kvitova - SF Sharapova - F Williams :eek:

Okay, Kvitova may not even reach the QF but if Stosur gets there (everyone apart from those two would be a huge surprise) it means that she will have found some confidence again and may be quite dangerous. Ivanovic as a second opponent is far from easy as well.

#2,130 ·
^^ I agree. This is a good draw, Victoria hasn't played much matches and its now or never before RG. She will eventually have some though matches, just what the doctor ordered IMO to regain the momentum she's lost in her game a bit with this break.

I also doubt Kvitova will make it to the QF, we'll see.

#2,132 ·
This is a tough draw.

Honestly the best thing for playing her way back into form would be a series of scrubs buildung to tougher matches later on. On the other hand I prefer to watch her play in competitive matches as long as it's competitive due to the other opponent's good play and not Vika being terrible.

#2,133 ·
To be honest considering the break of momentum because of injury, her being very average on clay I don't have any expectation from her on this surface...I just hope she doesn't lose it mentally.
She has worked hard over the years fo overcome her mental fragility which has been the cornerstone of her success.
I just don't want her lack of confidence and insecurity on clay to ruin all the good work so far.
It may affect her overall game and season.
She has already lost a big chunk of points from last year so far ranking wise, I think it is also wearing her down.her self expectations has always been very high.
This is a very tough draw.I don't like her chances against ivanovic.hope she proves me wrong.

P.s. on a lighter note I can't imagine how tomorrow's result thread on GM is gonna be ;)

#2,143 ·
I just hope she doesn't lose it mentally.
She has worked hard over the years fo overcome her mental fragility which has been the cornerstone of her success.
I just don't want her lack of confidence and insecurity on clay to ruin all the good work so far.
It may affect her overall game and season.
She has already lost a big chunk of points from last year so far ranking wise, I think it is also wearing her down.her self expectations has always been very high.
Same minds come about this situation.
First she needs to return mental confidende before RG. That why she doesn`t need some good matches, she needs good matches and wins against Ivanovich, Kvitova and other top players.
I thought about her last press conference when she said about loss. She talked about mistakes which come without game practise. But it wasn`t first time when she return after long period without tennis. And it was not a big problem. She could improve her game and win tournament with ease.In Madrid she had good start against Nastya and then this loss happpend. I think it is all from head. This seria without loss did bad thing for her.
Ohh and I don`t like idea to support Belarus on Eurovision. I don`t like that our girl will support Elena Lanskaya :help: If Vika want help Belarus with Eurovision she needs to sing from Belarus. :drool: Can I hope that all fans will vote for Belarus? :D

#2,136 ·
I just realised something (from twitter). All this talk that Vika was going to the Eurovision contest with RedFoo. RedFoo is currently in Australia for X-Factor. And then this :-
Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe
This year's Copa del Rey final was moved from Saturday to Friday because of the Eurovision Song Contest.

That being next Friday for those that don't follow Spanish football. So Eurovision isn't even this week? So who makes this crap up :lol:.

Sorry for this being pretty off-topic ;).

#2,137 ·
#2,138 ·
Not such a bad draw IMO. Ivanovic is a good challenge though, much more than Petra, who is going from bad to worse and probably won't make it to the QF.

If she plays like she did in the first set against Makarova, and remembers again how to close out matches :p she could get perfectly to the SF.

#2,139 ·
For my on-topic contribution :). I think Rome is an important tournament for Vika. If she wants to go into Roland Garros with a reasonable chance, I think she needs a good Rome, that doesn't of course mean she has to win Rome, it just means she has to play some good tennis there. I've seen a lot of draws completely fall apart at Roland Garros, you don't necessarily have to beat that many top players to win the title, you do however have to put yourself in the position, which means not losing to Makarova and the like.

#2,140 ·
Honestly, if Ana continues her play and both her and Vika get to the clash I think it will be the beginning of a great progression of matches.

I just hope Vika plays better, win or lose. RG really is the main goal, so hopefully she's mentally ready for Rome.

#2,142 · (Edited)

http://www.internazionalibnlditalia.com/Share/Event-Draws.aspx?Year=2013&Draw=ls

So, Vika's second round might be against Julia Goerges, who had to withdraw from Madrid because of her stomach ailment before her second match. Anyhow Julia should be easier opponent for Vika than Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova or Ekaterina Makarova were in Madrid. Unless some of those qualifiers beat Goerges on the first round...

#2,144 ·
She just needs to focus on herself and her opponents. In Madrid she was too distracted by the umpire and mainly her own expectation. One of her best fighting qualities is refusing to lose. But there she just dust care at the end bashing the balls. Only if she can bring up her fight as in AO, nothing can compare to that time. Intensity.

#2,145 ·
Vika plays either against Görges or Hlavackova in her first match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.