Tennis Forum banner

?????

• current form exceeds 2008 australian open

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • current form matches with 2008 australian open

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • current form is below 2008 australian open

Votes: 27 64.3%

Is it safe to say that sharapova has reach AO 2008 form?

5K views 70 replies 39 participants last post by  CanIGetAWhat 
#1 ·
by consensus that was considered her 'peak', so do you think her current form matches that?

and if not, what about USO 2006?

#10 ·
You all have to stop.
She is playing well, nobody can deny it.
Vika and Serena didn't have better opponents.
Still you shouldn't hype her that much. Wait until she plays against Radwanska. And, regardless from her form, she can't beat Serena.
Just let her play.

#13 ·
This is def her best performance score-wise, but we won't really know until the end of the tournament. Certainly if she made it to the Final and won---especially if it was against Serena---then it would be safe to say at that point that this is her best form ever.

#14 ·
Honestly she's past peak 2008 tbh. Still not enough to beat way-past-peak Serena in 2013 (considering her peak was back in 2002-03)

#16 ·
There, that is the proof right there (one of many) that you are absolutely clueless and have no idea what you're talking about, not a single word in that post was true :eek:

BTW how was your celebration of Venus kicking Maria's ass like you said she would :lol:

#17 ·
in 2008 field was much better ...... She was showing almost the same results vs much stronger opposition.....

BTW how was your celebration of Venus kicking Maria's ass like you said she would
:lol: i even know how he will answer on you question....... When they have nothing to say and their assumption failed, they always try to give the chills with the name starting on S:) It's their last straw

#32 ·
a thread about how many games will Serena lose before winning AO title was closed after 2 or 3 posts .....

And this thread won't be locked even on 45th page:)

#21 ·
She has reached her 2008 level, even surpassed it in some areas. She is moving better than she did in 2008, returning almost as good or even better and her ground strokes are as good as ever. Only thing left is her serve.

If she loses her fans will of course say no, but if she wins they will rewrite the history books as the peak perfomance ever!!11

#38 ·
If she loses her fans will of course say no, but if she wins they will rewrite the history books as the peak perfomance ever!!11
Most her fans are already saying no :weirdo:

And her groundies aren't as good as 2008.

#23 ·
She is playing well, not great. And definately not at her "peak". But if she happens to lose here, watch her haters say all her fans claimed she was. :rolleyes:

#28 ·
jacobruiz;2.3346938 said:
She is playing well, not great. And definately not at her "peak". But if she happens to lose here, watch her haters say all her fans claimed she was. :rolleyes:
To be honest this is what worries me. If Maria ever loses everyone is going to attack her and her fans (even if some people on these boards deserve it, because they have been rude), but a lot of Maria fans don't derseve it, and she doesn't!

You know what's crazy before I joined this forum I was a BIG Maria Sharapova & Serena fan (more of Serena), but always wanted Maria to make it far. After certain fan wars in this thread the hatred of some people in this forum probably made me dislike Maria, but I'm realizing now that it's silly! I should want Maria to eventual beat Serena & cause a true rivalry so Tennis and the WTA to thrive! Same with Vika & Radwanska.

People really need to grow up, and support each player in the WTA. Not everyone is going to like every player, but there's no need to disrespect that person & their fans. I'm even guilty of pushing Masha fans, and I regret it and apologize. Hopefully the top tier women prosper and the Top 4 can create as much excitement for the WTA as the Top 4 Men do for the ATP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.