Tennis Forum banner

Myrtille Georges!

24K views 97 replies 11 participants last post by  Jow 
#1 ·
Myrtille has had quite a successful year last year, making a jump of 200 spots in the rankings :worship: (YER 2011: 453 / 2012: 253 :eek:), and I think she's gonna break Top 200 soon and will be able to play Slam qualies (she only played RG qualies last year and lost in round 1), so I decided to make a thread for her! :D :cheer:

She was born on Dec 21, 1990, so she turned 22 a month a ago and she's quite a "late bloomer" according to the Tour's standards, but I think she has some potential - at least from what I saw of her in some French ITFs, she was competitive against good players.
She seems to be a nice and funny girl. :)

Best results so far: last year, won 10K Le Havre, made final in 25K Rebecq and SF in 25K Périgueux; in 2011, won 10K Apeldoom.

This week, she's playing 10K Glasgow and is through to the QF as Seed #3 and will face Lucy Brown in her QF.

Goooo Myrtille! :bounce: :cheer:

#50 ·
Kerkhove went on to win the whole Aschaffenberg tournament eventually, and I believe Myrtille was the only one to take a set from her. So that's not too bad retrospectively. :yeah:

50K Olomouc. R1 vs. Denisa Allertova. :scared: GL! :cheer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.