Tennis Forum banner

Myrtille Georges!

24K views 97 replies 11 participants last post by  Jow 
#1 ·
Myrtille has had quite a successful year last year, making a jump of 200 spots in the rankings :worship: (YER 2011: 453 / 2012: 253 :eek:), and I think she's gonna break Top 200 soon and will be able to play Slam qualies (she only played RG qualies last year and lost in round 1), so I decided to make a thread for her! :D :cheer:

She was born on Dec 21, 1990, so she turned 22 a month a ago and she's quite a "late bloomer" according to the Tour's standards, but I think she has some potential - at least from what I saw of her in some French ITFs, she was competitive against good players.
She seems to be a nice and funny girl. :)

Best results so far: last year, won 10K Le Havre, made final in 25K Rebecq and SF in 25K Périgueux; in 2011, won 10K Apeldoom.

This week, she's playing 10K Glasgow and is through to the QF as Seed #3 and will face Lucy Brown in her QF.

Goooo Myrtille! :bounce: :cheer:

#8 ·
#9 ·
Thanks Chris, I'm gonna read your report. :) What is your general impression about her game?

She lost 4 & 1 to Tara Moore in the final, btw. :hug:

She got a MD WC to 25K Andrezieux-Boutheon, plays Julie Coin who is in a rather good form in R1. Good luck Myrtille :cheer:

#10 ·
Thanks Chris, I'm gonna read your report. :) What is your general impression about her game?
she has similar strengths and weaknesses to wozniacki really, except it is her forehand which can do some damage while her backhand isn't really an attacking shot. she's a steady, accurate hitter and tries to get a lot of balls back in play, but her movement isn't magnificent. its ok, but not wonderful. she doesn't come to the net much and her serve is very mediocre. no aces against moore, maybe 5 double faults, but even when she was getting her first serve in she rarely won any points off it. she only held serve twice all match and faced bp in ever single game except her very last service game when trailing 0-5 in the second set.
on the plus side, she doesn't make many errors, and when she tries to dictate points with her forehand she really can. she is a real fighter though. last year i saw her lose to diana marcinkevica 6-4 6-7 (7) 7-5. i think marcinkevica served for the match a few times, she had match points in the second set and georges battled back, often playing her best tennis when her back was against the wall.
obviously she's a hard player to judge when i've only seen her 3 times, but her game could be described as wozniacki-lite i guess. i don't see her charging up the rankings to top 100 status, but she might well crack the top 200 and i guess if she keeps improving, she might go beyond that. the serve is a huge problem though.

#13 ·
Got a WC to Paris qualies this week-end :D :cheer: - but got unlucky with the draw... :unsure

Her section:

(1/wc)Francesca Schiavone (ITA) v Caroline Garcia (FRA)
Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez (ESP) v Estrella Cabeza Candela (ESP)
Garbine Muguruza (ESP) v Karin Knapp (ITA)
(wc)Myrtille Georges (FRA) v (5)Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK)

Well, that will be a test and some experience against a Top 100 player :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.