Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donna Vekic

464K views 5K replies 122 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
I know it's very early for a thread, but time will tell. Judging by this article:

http://www.glas-slavonije.hr/vijest.asp?rub=6&ID_VIJESTI=119156

she could be really something. 13 y.o. and already in an IMG London Academy, made it to slam junior qualies in just a few months on the circuit etc. Hope she's a future star.

#1,660 ·
QF: (2)Donna Vekic (CRO) df. (7)Ximena Hermoso (MEX) 6-3 6-3

Made it to the Semi-Finals of the Brasil 25k !! Played great tennis today in glorious sunshine, beating a very good player in Hermoso (Mex) 6-3 6-3. Sooo happy but fully focused for the SF tomorrow at 11am Brasil time.

#1,664 ·
QF: (2)Donna Vekic (CRO) df. (7)Ximena Hermoso (MEX) 6-3 6-3
Good result! Another match, another CH ranking: ~215-220 :cheer:

Donna is playing Ulrikke Eikeri, from Norway, 19 yo, #331, who defeated Beatriz Haddad Maia.
Eikeri is 19 y.o.; she has been making very steady progress and is currently at her CH ranking. Here's wishing Donna good luck!

#1,661 ·
Great result for Donna already! :bounce:

#1,674 ·
I said the tournament was streamed :bounce:
So happy for Donna :cheer:
This girl plays a lot of South American tournaments so is obviously familiar with the conditions and courts, which gave her an advantage which makes Donna's win even better :yeah:
I think the reason for Irigoyen being pushed is that Goncalves is underranked. She had good scorelines all week over good players so maybe she just had nothing to lose and pushed Irigoyen :shrug:
I hope Donna can win the final :) It will surely be close though :scared:

#1,675 ·
Donna! She's just so good at these $25K events. :D Hope she can win her third $25K title today.

Honestly I'm not even bothered now by her average junior results. She seems more focused on improving her pro ranking and that's the right attitude. She's really making so much progress!

She's still going to play $25,000 Wrexham next week, right? The field there is quite week and I see no reason why she can't pick up the title there or at least reach the final.

Great that the final will be livestreamed. :yeah: Can't wait to watch it.

#1,676 ·
It's good that she is doing well here :)
I don't think she will play well next week in Wrexham as she will have to fly back form Brazil which is behind meaning it will feel like Midnight when it is actually 9Am in the morning :(

She will be Number 1 seed for the first time which will be great :cheer:

If she has easy first and 2nd rounds I think she will be fine for the tournament but if she has to face a good unseeded player like Witthoeft earlier on she may be in trouble. My hope is that she will have adjusted to the time difference when she has to start playing hard opponents :)

I still think she should have played Woking-Foxhills :lol: She could have won or made the final IMO :shrug:
Anyway, I hope she does well next week. Then it's WTA time :yeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.