Tennis Forum banner

Most Points Won In A Row.

12K views 32 replies 28 participants last post by  LenaDMania0003 
#1 ·
What is the most amount of points a player has won consecutively?

Angela Haynes won the first 21 points of her match against Carly Gullickson not too long ago.
Anyone have any others? :)

#2 ·
I believe Kuznetsova won the last 18 points of her match against Myskina at Rome this year. She was down 1-4 in the second set and the last four games were all love games. I believe she won the last two points of the 6th game as well.

#4 ·
Yarloslava Shvedova was up 5-0 40-0 in the first set against Amy Frazier in Memphis 2006 before she lost a point, so that's 23 points in a row :eek: . Shockingly, Frazier won the match 1-6 6-0 6-0 (I'm not kidding).

Here is the article I found:

Frazier in Turn-Around Wednesday at WTA Memphis

All five seeds in action advanced unscathed into the quarterfinals Wednesday at the WTA stop in Memphis in (3) Sofia Arvidsson (d. Raymond), (4) Laura Granville (d. Perebiynis), (6) Marta Domachowska (d. Sucha), (7) Amy Frazier (d. Shvedova, bageling the last two sets), and (8) Jill Craybas (d. (Q) Yuan).

In her victory the American Frazier didn't win a point until down 0-5, 0-40 in the first set.

"I've lost sets 6-0 before, but I was definitely on the verge of not getting a point," said Frazier, who will next face Shenay Perry. "She was playing unbelievable. I couldn't get into a point. She had six or seven aces and hit six or seven winners off my serve. If I got the ball back to her, she hit a winner. Once I was able to get into the points, I was able to get going."

Link: http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2006-02-23/d.php

#19 ·
Serena won 14 point sin a row against Kim at Miami, not a huge amount but against Kim, pretty noteable. I remember Mauresmo playing someone, can't remember who, but she was 5-6 down and she won the game to love, 4 pts, then the tiebreak to love = 7 + 4 (lol) = 11 points, then she won the first 4 games to love in the third = 16 + 11 = 27 points, i was quite impressed, i remember watching it in the dark of night on Eurosport 2, i only stayed up because when i checked the score she lost the first set 6-3 and was down 2-5, anyone help with the match?

#21 ·
Heres a score for Mauresmo against Kuti Kis in 1999 in Bratislava but the score was wierd on wtatour.com so I wasnt sure if maybe this was it. It said...

Mauresmo def Kuti Kis Round 1 3-6 6-3(0) 6-7(0)

The only other love tiebreak I found between 1997 and 2006 (i didnt bother checking this year) was against Benesova but she lost it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.