Tennis Forum banner

Jessica Moore

136K views 2K replies 97 participants last post by  Tess 
#1 · (Edited)
She made the 3rd round of the Aus Open juniors this year & is making an awesome start to her senior career. 15 year old Jessica Moore!!

Gold Coast (wc):
Q1. (100) Rika Fujiwara (JPN) d. Jess - 6-2,6-3.

Taupo-NZL ($10k):
Q1. Jess d. (8/1246) Zuzana Valicekova (SVK) - 6-0,6-0
Q2. Jess d. Lisa Wilkinson (NZL) - 6-0,6-3
1. Jess d. (766) Bianca Acquistapace (AUS) - 6-0,6-0
2. Jess d. (1064) Jade Curtis (GBR) - 7-6(2),6-4
QF. (6/484) Natsumi Hamamura (JPN) d. Jess - 6-2,6-3.

Jessica has a great game. Extremely consistent groundstrokes which are still developing, good footspeed, solid net game & consistent serve. I watched her play Fujiwara & was much more impressed with her than Olivia Lukaszewicz who's received much more support from T.A.
After she qualifies for Wellington next week, she'll gain a senior singles ranking.
Good luck Jess!!

See less See more
#2,162 ·
Go jess. :cheer:

#2,167 ·
It's good that she made the final, but really she hasn't made any progress compared to last year. A year ago (or therabouts) she won a $10K in Belgium I think? Still playing $10Ks a year later? Not good progress.

But still, this is a very good result for her considering her poor trip so far. Gotta be a confidence booster :)

#2,171 ·
IF NOT for the Asia-Pacific Tennis League, Flagstaff Freighters recruit Jess Moore may still be in Perth working part-time jobs.

Moore, a former world No. 132, had taken a year off from the sport in 2011 to study health sciences and was waitressing, coaching or working as a personal trainer to earn a living.

Then she learnt of the ATL and was attracted by the new tournament's faster pace.

It brought her back to the court with WA team Giants and face-to-face with Flagstaff in a national semi-final.

"The ATL got me back playing," Moore says.

"I was working night shifts as a waitress, which was a bit of a wake-up call for me because I was on the road since 12 or 13 and wasn't exposed to shift work.

"I definitely knew I wanted a break from playing and travelling but I wasn't sure when or if I was going to *return.

"I thought the ATL was a positive way of getting myself back involved in tennis.

"It was bit of fun and great to be in a team environment."

Twelve months on, Moore, 23, is a key part of Flagstaff's tilt at a second straight women's title.

She joined the Freighters a month ago after moving to Adelaide to link up with the Memorial Drive-based *tennis academy and her *former coaches Milo Bradley and Rohan Fisher.

"(Flagstaff coach) Jim Chaousis approached me pretty much straight after January. It worked out really well that he got in touch and they've been really *welcoming."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...llist-jess-moore/story-fnibcgxr-1226769059854

#2,172 ·
Great she is back working with Milo, one of the best coaches (IMO) in Australia. He has had some great results and was in charge of the WA System when the likes of Lia Tapper, Brittany Sheed, Katy O'Shea, Jess Moore and Teiwa Casey etc were doing very well or winning National Age championships.

#2,177 ·
Good work by Jess Moore in the past couple of weeks (Cairns and Toowoomba $15Ks)... two doubles titles with Abbie Myers and plays the Toowoomba singles final against Allgurin tomorrow. Only the bizarre loss to Karis Ryan in Cairns R2 is staining her record :lol:

Looking good to get back in the top 400 singles and even top 200 doubles maybe! :)

#2,179 ·
Well done Jess for sweeping the 50k Bendigo doubles title with Abbie!

So far they have won 15k Cairns, 15k Toowoomba, a final at 25k Perth, quarters at 25k Margaret River and now 50k Bendigo title!

Jess should shoot back into the top 200 now! And theres also another 50k next week too :D

Most likely AO WC for doubles with Abbie and possibly AOQWC for singles and Jess showing some good form in singles too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.