Tennis Forum banner

Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

23K views 254 replies 59 participants last post by  Mr.Sharapova 
#1 ·
#177 ·
No idea what to say.. I won't pull out the gun yet, let's say skipping this tournament is for training with Connors... Let's hope it will do her good...

#183 ·
Damn, it really sucks....I don't know why , but I had bad feeling regarding Stanford, it seems many things happened too quickly for her. I guess she only started her gym practice lately, but has not yet started to work with Connors.....so it is just the matter of time....but damn again more than 5 weeks w/o her playing tennis....:mad:

#189 ·
I knew from the moment when she was scheduled to play on that damn Court 2, it was not gonna end well:mad: Losing to that scrub was one thing, getting injured in the process is completely different one...hopefully she'll be fine

#191 ·
Maria :hug:

Sounds like she needs a few more days/weeks to prep with Jimbo. Hope the injury thing isn't too serious. Come back fully fit and ready to kick ass and take names in Rogers Cup, Maria. :armed:

I do wish she was debuting the new partnership in a smaller tourney to get used to the situation in a smaller stage (like she did with Hogstedt in Auckland) rather than at a P5, but health comes first.

#195 ·
Wow, she sure loves skipping the USO series tournaments these days :facepalm:

Such a shame that she's not playing in Stanford, it was her only chance for another title this year. Serena/Vika not playing, so it was a dream tournament for her.

Oh well, 2 titles (one of them being IW) is pretty good. Similar year to 2011 which was a great year :yeah:

She will most likely flop in one of Toronto/Cincy and do better in the other one.

She has to focus on all events, not just the biggest ones. Those are out of reach and she should take her chances :(

#200 ·
She has to focus on all events, not just the biggest ones. Those are out of reach and she should take her chances :(
You know that's more unreasonably pessimistic than realistic, right?

#197 ·
There are no guarantees that Maria can win any matches when she plays injured. A case in point is her 2013 Wimbledon loss to de Brito. It's fair to say that if Maria can lose to de Brito, she can lose to any other WTA players.

Maria, being injured, could've entered either Montreal/Cincy or both last year, but lost her first match(es) and earned 5 or 10 points.

The hope is that Maria plays well when she starts to compete again.

#198 ·
Disappointing that she had to pull out of Stanford. I hope her hip gets better in time for Toronto.

#199 ·
NOOOO :sad:

This was a great chance for the third title of the year :(

The worse part is that Stanford is pretty much given to Radwanska of all people :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Someone else please save the tournament :sobbing:

Ugh, hoping this withdrawal is for the best.

Have this feeling that Toronto will be messy though :help:

It also sucks that doesn't play Carlsbad anymore considering she used to own that tournament :sobbing:

Take your time, Maria. Looking forward to see you on the court soon :)

#201 · (Edited)
Stanford truly looking pathetic now. Lisicki also pulled out, citing a wrist injury. Radwanska is known as the queen vulture of the WTA, so now's a big opportunity for her to do just that.

One concern has to be that by the time the Rogers Cup in Toronto starts on Aug. 5th, Maria will have gone nearly 2 months playing a grand total of 3 tour matches. So with the combination of rust and new coaching, her early rounds could have some real rough spots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.