TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Associated Press Top 100 Athletes of the 20th Century

View Single Post

Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 09:00 PM   #11
country flag ATPWTATours

ATPWTATours is just really nice ATPWTATours is just really nice ATPWTATours is just really nice ATPWTATours is just really nice ATPWTATours is just really nice ATPWTATours is just really nice ATPWTATours is just really nice ATPWTATours is just really nice ATPWTATours is just really nice ATPWTATours is just really nice ATPWTATours is just really nice
Re: Associated Press Top 100 Athletes of the 20th Century

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyGrey View Post
As I have said many times before, I dont buy all these lists, different magazines have different order. As far as AP is concerned, Steffi was named the greatest player of the last century, when they made of list of TENNIS players, where all the voters were former tennis players and/or Tennis experts. So they can make many other lists, with different criterias, but Steffi was their greatest tennis player of the last century. PERIOD!
If there is a record in tennis, chances are Martina Navratilova has broken it. When she defected from Czechoslovakia to the United States in 1975, no one, not even Martina, could have envisioned that she would earn more titles than any player (woman or man) in tennis history.

She was named “Athlete of the Year” numerous times, and even “Female Athlete of the Decade” for the 80’s. In 2000, Navratilova was inducted into the International Tennis Hall Of Fame. She has been named to such millennium lists as AP's "World's Greatest Athletes of the Century", "Sports Illustrated Top 100 Athletes of the Century" and ESPN's "Top 50 Athletes of the Century."
ATPWTATours is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote