TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Levo's GET TO KNOW your fellow Maria fans thread! {NOW with pictures!!!}

View Single Post

Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 08:20 AM   #1543
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakan kildap
Original - Kyle Reese knew he had no chance, it was an impossible mission, he was doomed from the beginning, yet he still agreed to go out of love for Sarah Connor. There's no equivalent of that in T2.

T2 - Edward Furlong has been praised all around for his performance in T2. Personally, I think it was a wimpy one. No wonder he grew up to become Nick Stahl in T3. My beef with T2 is that it drowned in too much political correctness. Do I watch T2? Of course, I joined the lines in 1991, and it was raining, too! And I have the metal cased special edition DVD. And I still watch it today.

But I think the original was better. The original had no pretensions. It was a shin-breaking crow bar delivered with bad intentions. And like most movies that weren't expected to do great at all (Casablanca, the original Star Wars), 1984's "Terminator" did great, it made money, and became an instant classic. Its basic idea probably inspired "Back to the Future" and "Matrix". If Einstein were alive, he would have liked it.
you have a point...they didnt hold back much on T1

Quote:
For me, the best reason to watch T2 is Robert Patrick's liquid metal 'T-1000'. Now, that is a movie bad guy. It's still scary, 15 years later. For perspective, just realize that it's still comparable, no, actually, it's better (as a movie villain), than 'Mystique' in the X-Men series of movies.
yea the T1000 was unstoppable

Quote:
I think Terminator should have ended with T2. Just as the Matrix should have ended with the original (Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions are in my DVD collection for collection's sake, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone). T3 was a mistake IMHO.
agreed
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote