TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Levo's GET TO KNOW your fellow Maria fans thread! {NOW with pictures!!!}

View Single Post

Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 04:53 AM   #1541
country flag lakan kildap

lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan23
Terminator 2 was better than the 1st
Original - Kyle Reese knew he had no chance, it was an impossible mission, he was doomed from the beginning, yet he still agreed to go out of love for Sarah Connor. There's no equivalent of that in T2.

T2 - Edward Furlong has been praised all around for his performance in T2. Personally, I think it was a wimpy one. No wonder he grew up to become Nick Stahl in T3. My beef with T2 is that it drowned in too much political correctness. Do I watch T2? Of course, I joined the lines in 1991, and it was raining, too! And I have the metal cased special edition DVD. And I still watch it today.

But I think the original was better. The original had no pretensions. It was a shin-breaking crow bar delivered with bad intentions. And like most movies that weren't expected to do great at all (Casablanca, the original Star Wars), 1984's "Terminator" did great, it made money, and became an instant classic. Its basic idea probably inspired "Back to the Future" and "Matrix". If Einstein were alive, he would have liked it.

For me, the best reason to watch T2 is Robert Patrick's liquid metal 'T-1000'. Now, that is a movie bad guy. It's still scary, 15 years later. For perspective, just realize that it's still comparable, no, actually, it's better (as a movie villain), than 'Mystique' in the X-Men series of movies.

I think Terminator should have ended with T2. Just as the Matrix should have ended with the original (Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions are in my DVD collection for collection's sake, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone). T3 was a mistake IMHO.

Even now, I'm still playing in my mind what might have been had James Cameron pushed through his original choice of Lance Henriksen for the Terminator, and Arnold Schwarzenegger for Kyle Reese. Lance would have been scary as the cyborg assassin with those eyes and that bone structure, and his slight physique would belie the deadliness he hides within, and it would have had the same effect as that of the T-1000 in the sequel. But Arnold would definitely be comedic as Kyle Reese.