TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YOU MUST READ THIS : Maria Sharapova's latest blog entry

View Single Post

Old Sep 25th, 2006, 01:39 PM   #39
country flag Talia

Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of Talia has much to be proud of
Quote:
I'd like it if you posted the interview
Ok. But sorry if the language is not always accurate.

-We met due to tennis about 7 years ago. My older brother trained together with Maria. I was 10 years old and Maria was 12. When she came to Los Angeles she used to stay at our place and we became friends.

-Your parents must be very generous to open the doors for barely known people?
-Robert Lansdorp, who coached me, my brother and Maria, asked my family about it. I guess we both were lucky as Maria found a place to stay and I found a friend.

-What are you doing together when she is in Los Angeles? What does she do best off the court?
-Shopping! (laughing) She's the best in it. We also go to the movies as all normal girls. When Maria is on tour she has lots of "adult" duties - tennis, interviews, sponsors. And when she is with me she can be a normal teenager.

-Why do you think Maria doesn't have a lot of close friends?
-First of all remembering her shedule of life it's hard for her to stay in touch with many friends. That's why, for example, she is so happy to have a friend, Maria Kirilenko, among the tennis players whom she can see when she's on tour. Then being a star it's always hard to get who wants to be with you because he or she likes you as a person or cause he/she just wants to be close to the star. That's why we are so close - we've been knowing each other since childhood, since Maria was not a celebrity yet.

Then she says a few words more about movies, that Maria doesn't like horror films but Estelle makes her watch them.
Talia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote