TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Bettina Bunge

Thread: Bettina Bunge
View Single Post

Old Aug 28th, 2006, 05:10 AM   #33
country flag trivfun

trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of
Here is a copy from one of the archives blogs of Ladies of the Court.

BCPJan 26th, 2002, 01:25 AM
For all you Bettina Bunge fans out there I found an old article about her. It says that when she in the year that she reached the semis of Wimbeldon, she should have been excited, but she was actually terrified, because she was slowly going deaf, and she didn't want to go to the press conference because she was afraid that she wouldn't be able to hear the questions. Apparently the problem was that one of the bones in both her ears were not vibrating properly. It says that she avoided having the operation at first, but the problems got worse, and it was affecting her play, so she finally decided to have the operation.
There was no guarantee of success, and ever chance that she could lose her hearing altogether.

When she decided to have gthe operation, she was number six in the world. The first operation was unsuccessful, and left her in a lot of pain, and there was loud buzzing in her head. She had to have several more painful operations, and slipped out of the top 30 after months of recouperation. I think after that she fought her way back into the top 20.

I hope the problem has been fixed for her!
trivfun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote