TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Biggest Sweetie "Olga Brozda" Cheering Thread!!! Dawaj Olga!!!

View Single Post

Old Aug 16th, 2006, 08:25 PM   #168
country flag Jakub

Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a small report from Olga`s quaterfinal in Gdynia 10k, and some pictures as well

Olga lost 4:6, 5:7 against Vankova

and short comment on the matches I saw:

All 4 QF were played on the same time I guess they were afraid of rain and that`s the reason for this crazy schedule. Doubles semis were also on the same time.

I decided to watch Olga vs. Katerina match and it was a good choice. It was a good match for 10k. Good long rallies (Olga`s cross backhand against Katerina`s cross forhand ).
Olga got broken for 3:5 but Katerina was not able to hold in 9th game, so was Olga at 4:5 despite being up 40:15
After 1st set I went for Kołat vs. Biglmaier match. It was 6:2, 4:0 when I came and Natalia started to hit UE - Marieke won her only game in 2nd set. Biglmaier was complaining almost after every point. She was not happy with her game. The quality was not so good so I went for Olga vs. Katarina match again ... and Olga was already down 0:2 in 2nd.
For a moment it looked like Olga doesn`t care about this match anymore. She was angry with ther way she played ... mostly about forhand errors.
Olga was 1:4 down and *0:30, Katerina helped her to win this game and Olga started to fight again. From 2:5 she won next 3 games to level at 5:5, some great winners by Olga and a bit of choking from Katerina at 5:3 and match point. At 5 all Vankova held easily and Olga was serving to stay in a match. At 15:15 there was the best rally of this match that ended with Olga`s backhand drive volley. Olga shouted "come on", she thought it was in, but Katerina called umpire to see the mark ... and it was out so close it was. At 15:40 Olga hit an ace to save 1st match point and she double foulted at 2nd one
Katerina had about 5 winners in whole match, but also few UE. She was moving very very well, hitting many balls back forcing Olga to make an error. Olga`s forhend let her down that day - many easy shots missed. But overall she didn`t play bad - it was a solid match

After the match Olga`s coach congratulated Katerina

I also saw 1st set of Brózda/Kołat vs. Sobaszkiewicz/Piter. Olga and Natalia completely dominated it - don`t know how the 2nd on ended 7:6. I think that Piter was a bit better then Sobaszkiewicz but it`s hard to say anything based on a doubles match.

Monica Seles, Elena Dementieva, Kveta Hrdlickova, Karolina Woźniacki, Aiko Nakamura, Silvija Talaja , Darina Sedenkova
, Liga Dekmeijere, Margit Ruutel

Jakub is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote