TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Desi chat thread

View Single Post

Old Apr 12th, 2006, 12:51 PM   #39
country flag Mightymirza

Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by solid3k
Sania has been lucky, alleges Ankita

NEW DELHI: Promising tennis player Ankita Bhambri has a grievance to make. The Delhi girl notes that other women tennis players in the country are not getting as much support as Sania Mirza has been able to get to make an impact at the international level.

Ankita, who is making her presence felt in the country's tennis circle by her impressive performances, said Sania got a lot of support from the AP government which helped her shape her career.

"Sania has been lucky. The way she got support from the government was not given to others. The Andhra Pradesh Government has helped her financially and otherwise which is not seen in case of other governments," she said while reasoning out why India is not producing another player like the world No.37.

The 17-year-old said that if other players in the country are given that kind of support they too can shine in the international scene like Sania.
That is very true..Indian players can not even dream of going on tour on their own..Its just tooo much money..And sania was luckey to get the support and thats why she thanks govt and GVK all the time as they helped her in her formative years when it was really vital..Its a shame that none else is getting much support..

Martina Hingis Ana Ivanovic Myskina Safarova

When I have my goals set, I always attain them- Justine
Mightymirza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote