TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Katia Afinogenova Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:54 AM   #15
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Slava Fetisov says that loss still bothers him 22 years later!
It is not necessary for every player to be involved in the fix. Defenders are the least important players in this case. You need keeper, and you need forwards to miss on their chances..

Quote:
Who caoched that game for the USSR?
Of course, it was Tikhonov. He took over Russian team in 1978.

Quote:
why wasn't the gold medal game against Finland fixed?
You can't fix the whole tournament. But you can fix the most important match. You see, it was indeed a Miracle. For that to happen I would expect Soviets to play poor. But they didn't. In fact, they were flying. For that to happen I would expect Americans to play way over their head. But they didn't too. They played that mediocre brand of hockey that they played all tournament. Kharlamov had no problems squeezing the puck between the feet of US defenders, but he was missing the open net. Tretiak looked like a rookie. Interesting, isn't it? Yes, they pulled Tretiak, but how do you know that it was not a part of the fix plan? You believe that Tikhonov, who never panicked, would panick against the team that his team was easily outskating? Something just didn't feel right. If you have a chance, watch it again. It is like if Venus Williams would lose to Panova. It could possibly happen, but not in the semis or finals of US Open.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote