TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria Bueno: The Sao Paolo Swallow

View Single Post

Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:06 PM   #40
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazilian Friend
Hey guys! Im brazilian and its great to see a thread about Estherzinha. Her biography is fantastic...
Welcome to the blast Brazilian Friend! (Anyone) what is the name of her biography? I didn't know there was one in existence. Is it still in print, or was this published in Brazil? I'd love to read it, probably more than any other retired player (male or female) that I can think of, although I'm also not sure if Lew and Jennie Hoad ever sat down and wrote anything. Maria's play is the ideal for me, because she loved to take a crack at the ball, and you can see from watching her on video that not only did she have all the shots, she could put them all together masterfully. I'm still studying her forehand volley, trying to learn how she punched it so well with directional control.