TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria Bueno: The Sao Paolo Swallow

View Single Post

Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:18 AM   #38
tennisvideos
Love the Legends of Tennis

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazilian Friend
Hey guys! Iīm brazilian and itīs great to see a thread about Estherzinha. Her biography is fantastic. I didnīt see her in action. I just saw an old videos and documentarys about her. Unfortunately, we didnīt have another brazilian great tennis player. Niege Dias became 32# in 80īs and Andreia Vieira beat Hana Mandlikova in the French Open first round (89). Estherzinha doesnīt made many interviews to brazilian midia, but last year she did. She talk about Federer, her trips, the difference between todayīs and pastīs games, her achievements, Margaret Court, Billie Jean, Althea Gibson...
My english isnīt so good. I hope you understand
Hello Brazilian Friend

Always nice to see another Bueno fan. She was one of my faves - I mean I was too young to see her live but I mean on video. Such a graceful beauty, with shots like razor sharp arrows!

Do you have her interview on video or do you remember it? I would love to know what her thoughts were on the difference between the past and present and also her thoughts on her peers - Gibson, Court & King etc.

I was so lucky to see her playing in the veterans at Wimbledon once and then she very kindly had a photo taken with me. Talk about a moment in heaven for me! Anyway, she still had her beautiful shots but she would have just been a faint shadow of her former dazzling self.
60s/70s: Evonne Goolagong .. Francoise Durr .. Chris Evert .. Margaret Court .. Nancy Richey .. Maria Bueno .. Billie-Jean King .. Lesley Turner .. Virginia Wade .. Ken Rosewall .. Rod Laver .. Bjorn Borg ..
Entertainers: .. Diana Ross .. Dionne Warwick .. Shirley Bassey .. Randy Crawford .. Burt Bacharach .. ABBA .. Woody Allen .. Maggie Smith .. Gena Rowlands .. Judy Davis .. Heath Ledger .. Little Britain ..
Inspiration: .. Jeshua Ben Josepth .. Conversations with God .. Abraham with Esther & Jerry Hicks .. P'taah ..
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote