TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kelly Liggan Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old Feb 1st, 2006, 03:23 PM   #39
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future
ROCKFORD — Kelly Liggan was born in Ireland, grew up in Spain and has a mother who lives in England.

“So my accent is all over the place,” she said.

Her tennis game, though, was together Tuesday in the first round of the main draw of the SwedishAmerican Tennis Classic. Liggan, ranked 285th, breezed through a 6-1, 6-0 win over Eva Fislova.

Fislova, the top-ranked qualifier who beat Alexandra Stevenson on Sunday, spent much of the match berating herself and the referees. Liggan, meanwhile, was playing almost flawlessly.

“I don’t want to think about it,” Liggan said. “It was too good to be true.”

Liggan lost to Jessica Kirkland in three sets in Waikoloa, Hawaii, and Kirkland went on to beat Edina Gallovits, the Classic’s top seed, in straight sets.

“I had match point on her, too,” Liggan said of Kirkland. “So that gave me a lot of confidence coming into this tournament.”
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote