TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Melbourne, Australia - 2006 Australian Open

View Single Post

Old Jan 13th, 2006, 06:26 PM   #15
country flag KirilenkoRulz

KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of
First round opponent - Evgenia Linetskaya: Makiri has never played her. She is from Russia (really don't like it when Makiri has to play other Russians), is 5' 9.5" (177 centimeters) and 132 pounds (60 kilograms) which makes her slightly taller and heavier than Makiri. She is 19 years old right now, but only about 2 months older than Makiri (reminder - Makiri turns 19 years old in 12 days, on 25 Jan). Her current WTA Ranking is 63, but she was as high as #35 just last summer. In other words, at the USO2005 Linetskaya was about 10 spots better than Makiri in the rankings. The good news is in the last 6 months Makiri has improved while Linetskaya has gone in reverse. The worrisome news is that at last year's Australian Open Linetskaya had three wins and a loss, i.e. she made it to the 4th round, a place Makiri has yet to visit in a Grand Slam. Evgenia has been quoted in the press saying she trained very hard in the off season and is determined to raise her ranking back to where it was. Her lifetime win-loss record is, well, very good. I don't know how Linetskaya plays style wise, but she and Makiri seem to be pretty close to each other in a lot of ways beyond the fact they are both Russians.

SINGLES
Winner (4 times): 1. 2004 ITF/Jackson-USA; 2. 2004 ITF/Bronx-USA; 3. 2003 - ITF/St.Petersburg-RUS; 4. 2002 - ITF/Minsk-BEL.
Semifinalist (twice): 2005 - Pattaya City; Memphis.
Quarterfinalist (twice): 2005 - Rome; 2004 - Tokyo Japan Open.

Win Loss Record - Singles 96-49.
KirilenkoRulz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote