TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Tamaryn Hendler

Thread: Tamaryn Hendler
View Single Post

Old Dec 9th, 2005, 09:30 PM   #32
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute
Article from http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/

In the girls 14s singles final Tamaryn Hendler of Belgium and Valeria Solovieva of Russia met in a rematch of last year’s Junior Orange Bowl 12s championship, which Solovieva won 6-1, 6-2.

On Sunday morning, Hendler turned the tables, and defeated her doubles partner by the identical score, a result the Bollettieri-trained thirteen-year-old attributed primarily to the difference in surfaces, clay and hard.

"I'm much more comfy on the hard courts," said Hendler, who speaks excellent English in addition to her native French. "I had a couple butterflies, but I played much better today than yesterday (where she dropped the first set before winning the next two 6-0, 6-1 against the number five seed)."

Now in her fourth year at the IMG Bollettieri Tennis Academy, Hendler visits her home in Belgium every few months, but admitted that the cloudless skies and mild temperatures of Bradenton this time of year are a definite attraction. "I’d say the weather is a lot better."

She and Solovieva will both head for the Junior Orange Bowl, where they’ll seek the opportunity to break the tie in major international titles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tamaryn05EdHerr.jpg (68.9 KB, 46 views)
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote