TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Czink Melinda

Thread: Czink Melinda
View Single Post

Old Sep 25th, 2005, 07:58 PM   #28
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

© AFP/Getty Images

Tour Players Visit Mother Teresa's Missionaries Of Charity

KOLKATA, India - The name Mother Teresa is synonymous with the Indian city of Kolkata (Calcutta) and on Saturday, Tour players Elena Likhovtseva and Melinda Czink visited the Missionaries of Charity she established there in 1950. Before they contested their semifinal matches in the inaugural Sunfeast Open, Czink and Likhovtseva paid their respects to the woman affectionately known as 'Mother', who is buried in the headquarters of the organization, which now operates in more than 100 countries.

They also visited a nearby Missionaries of Charity orphanage and met dozens of children and the nuns who look after them.

"It was really touching," said Czink. "Being a tennis player you need to be quite selfish at times, and to see what these nuns do caring for all the children, I have a lot of respect and admiration for them.

"I had strong emotions going there today – on the one hand I was so happy to visit the little children and to see them smile, but on the other hand it made me really sad to know what they've been through.

"It made me realize how lucky I am, living the life I live."

The Sunfeast Open and Sony Ericsson WTA Tour donated food hampers, clothes and medicine to the Missionaries of Charity, which has been run by Sister M. Nirmala Joshi since March 13, 1997, six months before Mother Teresa's death.