TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Czink Melinda

Thread: Czink Melinda
View Single Post

Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 02:45 PM   #24
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Winner apologises to fans

From correspondents in Kolkata, India
22sep05

HUNGARIAN outsider Melinda Czink apologised to Indian fans after dumping their favourite player from the WTA tournament here overnight.

An error-prone Sania Mirza, who shot to stardom with impressive performances at Wimbledon and the US Open, failed to find her rhythm and floundered 0-6 6-4 6-4 to the left-handed Czink.

Indian fanswere expecting Mirza to march into the quarter-finals after her first-round demolition of Japanese qualifier Junri Namigata.

"I am sorry for the crowd but I was wanting to win this match badly," said the Hungarian. "I was really nervous in the beginning and wish the crowd was with me. "I realised Sania was not as confident on court as she usually is. I told myself that if I lose, I will lose well."