TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Czink Melinda

Thread: Czink Melinda
View Single Post

Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 03:36 PM   #23
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Czink slays Sania mania, Shikha enter quarters

Kolkata, Sep 21 (UNI) Indian sensation Sania Mirza, egged on by a partisan crowd, raised a storm before being knocked out of the meet by Hungarian Melinda Czink 6-0, 4-6, 4-6 in the pre-quarters of the WTA Sunfeast Open here on a day when the Indian flag was kept flying by Shikha Uberoi who became the first player to enter the round of eight.

Third seed Sania, who last week faced first round exit at Bali Open, began with a bang and hit a barrage of trademark forehand winners dismissing the Hungarian to take the first set 6-0 in a matter of 20 minutes.

However, poor serves and unforced errors came back to haunt her as she forfeited the match to the Hungarian ranked 88 spots below her.

Czink has a panache for causing upsets in India as she had earlier defeated Shikha Uberoi in the last edition of Hyderabad Open.

One set down, she raised her level of performance and bounced back into the match thanks to Sania's erratic game.

After running Sania ragged in the second set when she was broken in the first and seventh game by Czink who clinched the set 6-4 to level the match.

The decider was no different story and the Hungarian silenced the crowd by taking the set with an identical scoreline to enter into the quarterfinals of the 170,000 dollars event.

In the post match press meet, she said, ''I knew I would not want to lose love love and so I raised the level of my game.'' ''I also saw that Sania was not very confident and decided to attack her backhand. My strong point, which is my forehand also came good today,'' she said adding, ''I am aware that now the spotlight will be on me having defeated the tournament favourite and I have to live up to it.''