TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Amélie, the Toast of Toronto!

View Single Post

Old Aug 12th, 2005, 02:08 AM   #12
country flag Linnie
drinking

Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.rogerscup.com/english/news/mauresmo.asp

Mauresmo 'Ready and Fit' for Rogers Cup

August 11, 2005 - France’s Amelie Mauresmo, the defending champion of the Rogers Cup presented by American Express, said Wednesday she is rested and ready to fight to keep her title when she arrives in Toronto later this week to compete at the Rexall Centre at York University. Speaking from France, where she has been practicing for the last four weeks, Mauresmo told an assortment of reporters on a teleconference: “I am excited to be coming to Toronto. I can’t wait to play my first match.”

Since Wimbledon, where she lost in the semifinals, Mauresmo has only played one competition—Fed Cup where she led her team to victory over Spain. Since then, she has worked on specific technical and mental parts of her game and is raring to test them out in Toronto. “I’m ready. I’m fit and I’m expecting a tough tournament,” said Mauresmo, the former World No. 1. “The Rogers Cup has a strong field. Not many tournaments can say they have eight out of the top 10 players in the world.”

Last edited by Linnie : Aug 12th, 2005 at 07:17 PM.
Linnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote