TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Astrid Besser Cheering Club!

View Single Post

Old Jul 10th, 2005, 01:03 PM   #2
country flag takaja

takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbdx
Post on that thread the max information or pics you've got on her!!
I can't believe someone start a thread on Astrid and he isn't I!

But it happened, so... here are some informations about her

She was born in Prato, near to Florence and lives in Quarrata, a little city near to Pistoia. I think that her father is a tennis instructor and he teached her the foundation of tennis. She began to play in TC Quarrata and then in TC Selva Bassa, where Riccardo Rafanelli was her coach. She is 1.82 high and right handed. She hits the ball very hard, but someone says that "she has still to learn where the field begins and ends". Effectively she plays double handed shots from bothsides. Her dream is (predictable) to win Wimbledon. Someone says she looks like Kournikova, but i don't agree.

I know she had great results in all categories, but my best information are about this year.

U18: in the beginning of 2005 she won the G4 in Bergheim (she beat Karin Knapp in the final), then she reached semifinals in Bratislava (G2) losing against Agnieszka Radwanska, semifinals also in Umago (G1) losing against Karin Knapp, final in the French Riviera International Junior Open (G2) losing against Tamira Paszek and finally semifinals in Salsomaggiore Terme, where she was injured (she left the field crying), so she couldn't play Roland Garros. She played Wimbledon, where she lost in the second round against Ágnes Szávay.

ITF: she didn't play a lot of ITF tournaments, this year she reached 2nd round of qualies in Ortisei (75k). Last year she made 2 second round in 10k of Ancona and Valencia. Totally she played 19 matches winning 10.

In the last italian championship (december 2004) she reached quarterfinals, losing against Nathalie Vierin.

I can only add that the last december she was given a prize as one of the best young talented in Pistoia, the province where she lives (and i too )
takaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote