TennisForum.com - View Single Post - the KATHRIN WÖRLE thread

View Single Post

Old Jun 20th, 2005, 08:11 PM   #2
country flag Grachka

Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute
No replies

I saw Kathrin play in St.Petersburg in the first round against Ekaterina Makarova, and even though she lost, she instantly became one of my favourite players . She was quite funny on court, losing her rag a couple of times, and she has a great game. Unlike Makarova ( ) she was willing to mix it up, with strong attacking groundstrokes, as well as lovely slices, dropshots and some excellent net play. In fact, one of the main reasons she lost was that she would make mistakes at the back of the court, when if she had come into the net she would have been closer. She has great volleys and touch, so I was a bit that she didn't do it more often. She was there all week too, not sure why though because I think she went out of the doubles early too

This year has been a bit up and down though, some good wins (Grandin, Fujiwara, Ting Li) but I thought it might have been better Has done Ok in GS qualifying, reaching the second round of Qs in RG and Wimbledon, losing 6-8 to Kandarr at the latter .

Get it together Kathrin and have a great second half to the year

Saori Obata

Born : April 23rd 1978
Residence: Tokyo, Japan
Height: 5' 5" (1.65m)
Weight: 132 lbs. (60 kg)
Plays: Left handed
Career Prize Money: $652,031
Highest Singles Ranking: 39 (Feb 9th 04')

ITF Titles: Augusta (2005), Gifu (2005), Fukuoka (2003), Port Pirie (2001), Jakarta (1996).
WTA:
Finalist (1): 2003 - Tashkent.
Semifinalist (1): 2003 - Bali.
Quarterfinalist (6): 2004 - Birmingham; 2003 - Memphis, Pattaya City; 2002 - Bali; 2001 - Tokyo [Japan Open]; 2000 - Shanghai.
Grachka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote