TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Little Mo if she were around today......

View Single Post

Old Jun 13th, 2005, 09:47 PM   #9
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Steffica Greles Did anybody ever see Connolly play? I'm intrigued as to how she hit the ball. A big forehand, apparently.
I never saw her play, but I've talked to Louise Brough about 3 times, and she said Mo was the without doubt the hardest woman she ever hit against. Jack Kramer (a star from the 40's) was convinced she would crush Chris Evert by hitting her off the court. Ted Tinling, who saw them all from the 20's to the 90's, ranked her up there.

She was a killer baseliner a la Graf-except Mo didn't have Steffi's great serve, and Connolly had an aggressive topspin backhand.

Tiny Justine Henin can hold her own versus the power-babes Mo would too. Heck, tiny Justine IS A POWER BABE.

I'd expect no less of Mo Connolly

Quote:
Can videos of Connolly be bought from anywhere?
If you go to Mo's website you can order "Unforgettable", a documentary which shows some footage. Tennisvideos might be able to hook you up to a full match.

Here is the Connolly site:

http://www.mcbtennis.org/

There are some short clips of her on this site.

Last edited by Rollo : Jun 13th, 2005 at 10:02 PM.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote