TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Little Mo if she were around today......

View Single Post

Old Jun 10th, 2005, 01:17 PM   #6
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
I think from seeing footage of her in action, that she would indeed dominate any of today's top players, with one proviso: standard size racquets. Conversely, it's also fair to guess that, much like Hingis, she'd have a tough time staying with big babe Bollettieri baseline bashing even with a Weed racquet and 10 years at the academy. I'd love to see a tournament with all the current top women playing with a standard size frame. You'd really see some horrible tennis, with possibly Justine winning. The great Pauline Betz Addie mentioned last year that she was flattered when her game was compared favorably with Connolly's groundstrokes, and that they had much in common- not such a great serve, and no volley or overhead to speak of. What is funny is her follow-up "didn't need them"!