TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Little Mo if she were around today......

View Single Post

Old Jun 10th, 2005, 02:50 AM   #3
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo
Hmmm...it's an interesting question Jakeev.

To my mind the real question is: how tall a player would have to be to get by and be #1? Is Connolly the shortest #1 ever?

Of course Mo wasn't a net rusher-but 5 ft 2 is still mighty short. Are we sure of her height though? It's easy to be a couple of inches off-and a couple of inches can make all the difference-I must have read 100 times that Rosie Casals was just too short to win majors. She just an inch or so shorter than Billie Jean King......

Even if we go with the idea that Mo WOULD be too short today there is one other consideration.

In "today's" world she would probably be taller anyway due to better nutrition, etc. Ditto for weight training. etc. If that put her at Justine Henin's height and condition we can assume she'd be bloody hard to beat!
I am pretty sure in her documentary it was said she was between 5-2/5-3.
Jakeev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote