TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sania Mirza's place

View Single Post

Old Feb 13th, 2005, 11:41 PM   #44
country flag thelma

thelma has a reputation beyond repute thelma has a reputation beyond repute thelma has a reputation beyond repute thelma has a reputation beyond repute thelma has a reputation beyond repute thelma has a reputation beyond repute thelma has a reputation beyond repute thelma has a reputation beyond repute thelma has a reputation beyond repute thelma has a reputation beyond repute thelma has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats. Mirza!

Thanks everyone, for the articles and pics!

Mirza Makes History in Home Event at WTA Hyderabad

18-year-old Sania Mirza outlasted the Ukraine's Alonya Bondarenko to win the WTA Hyderabad Open Saturday, becoming the first Indian woman to win a WTA Tour title.

Mirza raced to a 5-1 lead in the fifth, failing to serve the match out before eventually clinching 6-4, 5-7, 6-3.

"This win has made me believe more in myself and I can now hope to do better in the coming days," Mirza said. "I wanted to win this tournament very badly since it was in my hometown."

In the all-Chinese doubles final, Zi Yan and Jie Zheng shocked Olympic gold medal winners Ting Li and Tian Tian Sun 6-4, 6-1.