TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

View Single Post

Old Aug 28th, 2014, 07:24 PM   #4612
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

"During warm-ups I basically couldn't play with my right hand and I thought about whether I should play or not. I decided to play; took an anti-inflammatory and I managed to play until the end. After the second set, I felt my hand was getting tired [wearing down]. I'm glad I managed to finish the match, for the spectators and for myself first of all. A match like this helps me remember I could get back to my old [ranking] spot," said Dulgheru a former 26th ranked player.

Asked about Simona Halep's chances of beating Sharapova, should both players reach the quarterfinals of the US Open, Dulgheru said "Every time I played against Sharapova, it felt like [playing against] a stone or a pillar. She's an incredible player, tough to beat because she fights until the end. She sometimes gives the impression that she cannot keep up anymore, but she stays with you neck and neck until the last breath. She's very persistent, even if she is tall and sometimes appears uncoordinated."

Simona is in much better shape than I am, she's better prepared physically, but I don't know if she could beat her. Halep is shorter and that comes across in their matches I've seen. She needs to cover more ground than Sharapova and in the end she gets tired, as well."
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote